* RE: pthread-win32 for winCE ?
@ 1999-08-06  8:46 Bossom, John
From: Bossom, John @ 1999-08-06  8:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Tristan Savatier',
	bje, rpj, rjc, Bossom, John, anorland, tml, Kevin.Ruland
  Cc: Gilles Boccon-Gibod, pthreads-win32

Tristan,
could you be very specific?

The correct solution would be to simulate the missing
functionality on WinCE, NOT restrict the implemention of
Win32 to be only that for WinCE.

i.e.) I don't have WinCE, therefore I don't know what
      is there and what isn't. Please list ALL undefined
      symbols. I want to know if semaphores are supported
	at all or only partially.

Thanks,

John

From: Tristan Savatier @ 1999-08-07  5:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bossom, John
  Cc: bje, rpj, rjc, anorland, tml, Kevin.Ruland, Gilles Boccon-Gibod,
	pthreads-win32

Bossom, John wrote:

> Tristan,
> could you be very specific?

Not yet: I have noticed that from the documentation,
but have not yet tried to recompile the library with the
WinCE cross compiler.

The doc says that all the Semaphores routines are not implemented.
I suppose that I could implement them (or the subset required)
using mutexes etc.

> The correct solution would be to simulate the missing
> functionality on WinCE, NOT restrict the implemention of
> Win32 to be only that for WinCE.

Agreed, even though it might not make a lot of differences
in terms of performances.

I will look into that in more details when I return
from vacations, in about 2 weeks.

-t

* pthread-win32 for winCE ?
@ 1999-08-06  0:41 Tristan Savatier