* [Q] Successful WinCE MIPS build, anyone?
@ 2000-09-07  8:42 Brett Funderburg
From: Brett Funderburg @ 2000-09-07  8:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pthreads-win32

Has anyone successfully built the 8-13 snapshot of pthreads targeted to
WinCE MIPS using the Windows CE toolkit for Visual C++? If you could
describe the process for doing so or send along a makefile/dsp file it
would really help me out.

I've tweaked the Makefile, and the batch files that come with the
pthreads distro, (/DWINCE, etc.) and run the batch files that come with
the WinCE toolkit that are supposed to set up your environment for
cross-compilation, etc. but everytime I switch the compiler from cl.exe
to clmips.exe I get errors complaining about missing headers etc. which
seem to me to indicate that the /DWINCE definition is not getting seen
by the preprocessor. Adding #define WINCE to the config.h file doesn't
seem to help either. Something is going crazy here but I can't figure
out how to get the correct build environment set up. Can anyone lend me
a hand?

Note: the clmips compiler complains about /GX (use c++ exceptions) so
I've been trying to build with SEH.

Thanks,

brett
--
                Brett A. Funderburg
clickfeed.com | 5515 Balcones Dr. | Austin, TX | 78731

[-- Attachment #2: smime.p7s --]

* Re: [pthread-win32] [Q] Successful WinCE MIPS build, anyone?
@ 2000-09-07 17:35 ` Tristan Savatier
From: Tristan Savatier @ 2000-09-07 17:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brett Funderburg; +Cc: pthreads-win32

On Thu, 7 Sep 2000, Brett Funderburg wrote:

> Has anyone successfully built the 8-13 snapshot of pthreads targeted to
> WinCE MIPS using the Windows CE toolkit for Visual C++? If you could
> describe the process for doing so or send along a makefile/dsp file it
> would really help me out.

yes, we have.  PocketTV (www.pockettv.com) is using pthread-win32
on WinCE and Pocket PC.

I'send you the dsp file when I return from vacation, in about
a month.

-t

> I've tweaked the Makefile, and the batch files that come with the
> pthreads distro, (/DWINCE, etc.) and run the batch files that come with
> the WinCE toolkit that are supposed to set up your environment for
> cross-compilation, etc. but everytime I switch the compiler from cl.exe
> to clmips.exe I get errors complaining about missing headers etc. which
> seem to me to indicate that the /DWINCE definition is not getting seen
> by the preprocessor. Adding #define WINCE to the config.h file doesn't
> seem to help either. Something is going crazy here but I can't figure
> out how to get the correct build environment set up. Can anyone lend me
> a hand?
>
> Note: the clmips compiler complains about /GX (use c++ exceptions) so
> I've been trying to build with SEH.
>
> Thanks,
>
> brett
> --
>                 Brett A. Funderburg
> clickfeed.com | 5515 Balcones Dr. | Austin, TX | 78731
>          (512) 374-1991 x5004 | ICQ #163328

* ctime_r
@ 2000-09-08  0:34   ` Magnus Zakrisson
From: Magnus Zakrisson @ 2000-09-08  0:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pthreads-win32

Hi

ctime_r is incorrectly defined in pthread.h. Please change _clock to _tm or
vice versa.

#define ctime_r( _clock, _buf ) \
 ( strcpy( (_buf), ctime( (_tm) ) ),  \
          (_buf) )