* PThread-win32 : Message Queue
@ 2003-10-13 10:41 h.piat
From: h.piat @ 2003-10-13 10:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pthreads-win32

Hi all

I just donwload mqueue.zip and want to test it.
But I have this result :

In file included from tester.c:2:
mqueue.h:24: warning: redefinition of `pid_t'

e:/Dev-Cpp/include/sys/types.h:90: warning: `pid_t' previously declared here

mqueue.h:62: parse error before "HANDLE"

mqueue.h:62: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union

mqueue.h:67: parse error before '}' token

make.exe: *** [tester.o] Error 1

I'm under Win2K, with DevC++ and use the gcc compiler.
I sucessful used PThread with my own program, and I dont know what's wrong with
this mqueue distribution.
Perhaps I forgot a define variable somewere !

Thanks for your help

Hervé PIAT
Faiveley Transport
Electronics engineering department

Faiveley is pleased to announce that its new website is on line at
http://www.faiveley.com.
Faiveley est heureux de vous annoncer la mise en ligne de son nouveau site
http://www.faiveley.fr
NOTE : Ce courrier électronique est destiné exclusivement au(x) destinataire(s)
mentionné(s) ci-dessus et peut contenir des informations privilégiées,
confidentielles et/ou non soumises à divulgation aux termes des lois
applicables.  Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, ou s'il ne vous est pas
destiné, veuillez le signaler immédiatement à l'expéditeur et effacer ce
courrier électronique.

NOTE: This e-mail message is intended only for the named recipient(s) above and
may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or exempt from
disclosure under applicable law.  If you have received this message in error, or
are not the named recipient(s), please immediately notify the sender and delete
this e-mail message.

* Re: PThread-win32 : Message Queue
@ 2003-10-13 14:35 ` Ross Johnson
From: Ross Johnson @ 2003-10-13 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: h.piat; +Cc: pthreads-win32

Hi,

The mqueue.zip stuff is provided as a separate contributed item and
isn't necessarily kept in sync with the library.

Also please note that the message queue implimentation is limited by the
fact that pthreads-win32 doesn't support process-shared mutexes or CVs,
which the code relies on. So it only works (assuming no other problems)
within a single process.

Ross