* memory leak??
@ 2004-03-19 21:01 Arnett, Don L.
From: Arnett, Don L. @ 2004-03-19 21:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pthreads-win32

I'm new to using pthreadsWin32.  According to the TaskMgr display this program is using about 28K more memory at the second getchar() than it was at the first getchar().  I found a couple of discussions of memory leaks in the list archives and it usually was a programmer problem, but I don't see what I'm missing.  Thanks for any input.

#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <pthread.h>

void *pvDoSomething(void *poThreadArgs);

int main(int argc, char* argv[]) {

	pthread_t *poThread;

	getchar();

	poThread = (pthread_t*)calloc(1,sizeof(pthread_t));
	pthread_create(poThread,NULL,pvDoSomething,NULL);
	pthread_detach(*poThread);

	free(poThread);

	getchar();

	return 0;
}

void *pvDoSomething(void *poThreadArgs) {
	return NULL;

* RE: memory leak??
@ 2004-03-20  0:52 phuong nguyen
From: phuong nguyen @ 2004-03-20  0:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Arnett, Don L., pthreads-win32

Just a thought
	pthread_t *poThread;
	poThread = (pthread_t*)calloc(1,sizeof(pthread_t));
	pthread_create(poThread,NULL,pvDoSomething,NULL);

why not
	pthread_t poThread;