* BCB support (lib+dll)
@ 2004-11-17 11:51 Gianluca
From: Gianluca @ 2004-11-17 11:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pthreads-win32

Please is it possible to put in ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/pthreads-win32/dll-
latest the builds for BCB too?

Thanks in advance,
Gianluca

* RE: BCB support (lib+dll)
@ 2004-11-17 15:02 ` Robert Kindred
From: Robert Kindred @ 2004-11-17 15:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gianluca, pthreads-win32

I am not sure if pthreads-win32 is officially supported under Builder.  I
have a project which builds it under BCB5.  However, CodeGuard tells me that
there are some leaks.  I don't know if pthreads-win32 actually has leaks, or
this is a Builder problem.

Finally, I am a C++ programmer, and my wrappers on top of pthreads-win32 may
not be anything that you want.

Robert Kindred

* Re: BCB support (lib+dll)
@ 2004-11-18  1:21   ` Ross Johnson
From: Ross Johnson @ 2004-11-18  1:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pthreads-win32

Robert Kindred wrote:

>I am not sure if pthreads-win32 is officially supported under Builder.  I
>have a project which builds it under BCB5.  However, CodeGuard tells me that
>there are some leaks.  I don't know if pthreads-win32 actually has leaks, or
>this is a Builder problem.

Not 'officially' supported, but Will Bryant contributed patches and a
makefile for BCB (see 'Bmakefile' in the source and tests folders - also
README.Borland). I'm about to run them again to see where they get to
(I'm in Linux right now on a dual-boot machine). I'm pretty sure the dll
builds ok, but I don't recall if it passed all the tests.

Assuming that leaks have not recently been added, the library has been
screened several times in the past by others, and their patches, if any,
have been applied. So the library should be clean, but if you can track
those leaks down it would be appreciated. If it helps, the very first
test in the 'tests' folder prints a list of all the pthreads-win32
structs and their sizes. This test was added a while back for this purpose.

Regards.
Ross

>Finally, I am a C++ programmer, and my wrappers on top of pthreads-win32 may
>not be anything that you want.
>
>Robert Kindred

* Re: BCB support (lib+dll)
@ 2004-11-18  3:44     ` Will Bryant
From: Will Bryant @ 2004-11-18  3:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pthreads-win32

Ross Johnson wrote:

> Not 'officially' supported, but Will Bryant contributed patches and a
> makefile for BCB (see 'Bmakefile' in the source and tests folders -
> also README.Borland). I'm about to run them again to see where they
> get to (I'm in Linux right now on a dual-boot machine). I'm pretty
> sure the dll builds ok, but I don't recall if it passed all the tests.

It builds cleanly, thx, but I'm currently seeing random segfaults in the
new mutex code when I use them in one of my libraries' multithreading
tests.  Still trying to track it down; I'll hopefully be posting some
more info in the next couple of days.

FWIW if there is indeed a problem with the new mutex code, that could
explain the other problems ppl have been posting about in the last day.

Cheers,
Will