public inbox for rhug-rhats@sourceware.org
* gcj/tomcat jsp works with gcj 3.1
@ 2002-05-13 11:29 Anthony Green
From: Anthony Green @ 2002-05-13 11:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: java, rhug-rhats

FYI, last night I looked at the GnuJavaCompiler.java implementation I
wrote for Tomcat a very long time ago and found a couple of obvious
mistakes.

A simple recompile was all it took to get running.  So now all of the
example servlets and jsp code in Tomcat 3.2.3 appear to work when built
with gcj (I think there were still problems with a couple of servlet
examples pre-gcj-3.1).

I have a couple of installation fixes to commit tonight, but then it's
pretty much good to go.

AG

* Re: gcj/tomcat jsp works with gcj 3.1
@ 2002-05-16 19:51 ` Anthony Green
From: Anthony Green @ 2002-05-16 19:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Anthony Green; +Cc: rhug-rhats

On Mon, 2002-05-13 at 11:29, Anthony Green wrote:
> I have a couple of installation fixes to commit tonight, but then it's
> pretty much good to go.

It took a bit longer than I thought, but I've committed the changes now.

To get tomcat running....

1) Install GCC 3.1.  Make sure you've configure with thread support
(--enable-threads)

2) Check out rhug, and configure with "--disable-static".  This is a
work around for libtool breakage.

3) Build and install xerces and jakarta-tomcat

4) Run the installed 'tomcat' binary

5) Point your browser at http://localhost:8080/

Let me know if you got this working.  Once the spec files have been
cleaned up we can make binary RPMs for Linux.

AG