public inbox for rhug-rhats@sourceware.org
* wanted: packages for apache tools (etc.)
@ 2002-02-15  8:11 Stefan Seefeld
From: Stefan Seefeld @ 2002-02-15  8:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rhug-rhats

Hi there,

I'd like to know whether there is work underway
to port the apache tools to gcj such as 'ant'.
Ant itself is being used by a couple of other popular
java tools for their build system.

Other tools that seem to rely on it (and that would
be good candidates for rhug too, of course), are
jacORB (http://www.jacorb.org), a java ORB, and all
the tools developed at www.tigris.org, such as ArgoUML,
scarab, etc.

Is there any hope for these to be usable with other
free software (gcj notably) ?

Thanks,
		Stefan

* Re: wanted: packages for apache tools (etc.)
@ 2002-02-15  8:32 ` Alexandre Petit-Bianco
From: Alexandre Petit-Bianco @ 2002-02-15  8:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Seefeld; +Cc: rhug-rhats

Stefan Seefeld writes:

> I'd like to know whether there is work underway to port the apache
> tools to gcj such as 'ant'.

Not that I know of. We need Ant badly. Any volunteers?

> Other tools that seem to rely on it (and that would be good
> candidates for rhug too, of course), are jacORB
> (http://www.jacorb.org), a java ORB, and all the tools developed at
> www.tigris.org, such as ArgoUML, scarab, etc.

I made a note about loking into Jacorb in October last year, then I
got sidetracked.

> Is there any hope for these to be usable with other free software
> (gcj notably) ?

Most likely, but when is the question.

Of course, we encourage you (and will help you) to make it
happen. Maybe I should write some documentation about hacking RHUG.

./A

* Re: wanted: packages for apache tools (etc.)
@ 2002-02-16  8:53   ` Alexandre Petit-Bianco
From: Alexandre Petit-Bianco @ 2002-02-16  8:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Seefeld, rhug-rhats

Alexandre Petit-Bianco writes:

> Maybe I should write some documentation about hacking RHUG.

Well, here's a start. I expect the automake wizards will find flaws in
it -- comments welcomed!

  http://sources.redhat.com/rhug/hacking-howto.html

./A

* Re: wanted: packages for apache tools (etc.)
@ 2002-02-16 13:40     ` Tom Tromey
From: Tom Tromey @ 2002-02-16 13:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: apbianco; +Cc: Stefan Seefeld, rhug-rhats

Alex> Well, here's a start. I expect the automake wizards will find
Alex> flaws in it -- comments welcomed!

Alex>   http://sources.redhat.com/rhug/hacking-howto.html

The only thing I noticed is that it says you might have to set CFLAGS.
CFLAGS is a user variable; Makefile.am should only set AM_CFLAGS.
Thanks for writing this.

Tom

* Re: wanted: packages for apache tools (etc.)
@ 2002-02-16 21:15       ` Alexandre Petit-Bianco
From: Alexandre Petit-Bianco @ 2002-02-16 21:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tromey; +Cc: Stefan Seefeld, rhug-rhats

Tom Tromey writes:

> CFLAGS is a user variable; Makefile.am should only set AM_CFLAGS.

Fixed. Thanks.

./A