public inbox for sid@sourceware.org
* thanks for the support.
@ 2002-09-25  1:27 T Satish Kumar
From: T Satish Kumar @ 2002-09-25  1:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sid, ecos-discuss

        Finally i am able to run the programs on the sid successfully.
but using ecos 1.3.1

thanks for your invaluable support.
satish

T Satish Kumar
Design Engineer
SANYO, JAPAN.

* Re: thanks for the support.
@ 2002-09-25  1:43 ` T Satish Kumar
From: T Satish Kumar @ 2002-09-25  1:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sid, ecos-discuss

well, works fine even with ecos v2.0 :-)

@ 2002-09-25  2:37   ` Robert Cragie
From: Robert Cragie @ 2002-09-25  2:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: T Satish Kumar, sid, ecos-discuss

Congratulations!

I presume you did this under a cygwin environment, and I hope you found the
mini-HOWTO I wrote useful. It would be useful to know what changes to the
procedure outlined in the mini-HOWTO are necessary to get it to work under
cygwin, then everyone can benefit.

Robert Cragie, Design Engineer
Jennic Ltd, Furnival Street, Sheffield, S1 4QT,  UK
http://www.jennic.com  Tel: +44 (0) 114 281 2655

well, works fine even with ecos v2.0 :-)
From: T Satish Kumar @ 2002-09-25 17:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Robert Cragie, sid, ecos-discuss

yes, all this i did on cygwin environment..(Windows 2000).
well, thanks for the mini-HOWTO doc..this was definetly very useful..
but, most of the problems i faced was in building the ARM GNU tools..

   well, one thing i noticed was sid installation required Tcl-Tk 8.3
libraries..
and since previously i had installed insight5.2..the sid installation was
not given
any problems..but later when i switched to insight 5.1..i couldn't install
the
sid, and hence i used the previous installed sid.this gave no problems..so
far.

        well, i could run the programs successfully both on ecos 1.3.1 as
well as
ecos 2.0..
my ARM GNU Tools are as follows:
binutils-2.10.1