public inbox for sid@sourceware.org
* ARM CP15 support?
@ 2002-02-07  4:24 tb
From: tb @ 2002-02-07  4:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sid

Hi,

I looked at the arm7 cpu component and found the coprocessor not currently
supported. Are there some ongoing activities to implement that?

Tom.

* Re: ARM CP15 support?
@ 2002-02-07  6:20 ` Ben Elliston
From: Ben Elliston @ 2002-02-07  6:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tb; +Cc: sid

Hi.

  tb> I looked at the arm7 cpu component and found the coprocessor not currently
  tb> supported. Are there some ongoing activities to implement that?

Not at present, no.  Are you interested in getting involved?

Ben

* RE: ARM CP15 support?
@ 2002-02-07 11:24 ` Ben Elliston
From: Ben Elliston @ 2002-02-07 11:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tb; +Cc: sid

  tb> yes, I'm strongly interested; but I don't have any experience with Scheme
  tb> and CGen ;-( Do you know some good points to start from?

It's not a requirement that a SID component such as a CPU be written
using CGEN.  In fact, for a small coprocessor, it may not be worth it.
Consider writing your component by hand as an introduction to SID.
The SID programming documentation is up on the web pages.

CHeers, Ben

* RE: ARM CP15 support?
@ 2002-02-07  7:08 tb