public inbox for sid@sourceware.org
* help needed
@ 2002-04-22  6:13 umesh jaiswal
From: umesh jaiswal @ 2002-04-22  6:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sid

Hi all..
             I am newbe to sid framework & hence to
this mailing list.
I am very happy to see the the sid like framework
which can used to generate
 the no of simulated components,boards & what not.
Being the beginner of sid I am facing some problems
,as I have gone through
all the mailing list archives and documents of sid to
find out the solutions ,
but no way it is working with my sid build.
Every thing goes right up to the installation of sid
framework on my linux pc (Redhat-7.1)

After installation ,in user/local/bin, I found files
such as sid ,arm-elf-sid ,i386-elf-sid ,configrun-sid
& lot .
But when I invoke
             % sid  arm7t-config  (according to docs)
     OR
             % configrun-sid arm7t-config
      .. but it doesn't work ,simply showing  help
contents.

       When I did
             % sid arm-pid-tksm.conf

          it says no such file.

When I run the above command from /usr/local/share/sid
which is the
place of all conf file,it gives the error regardind
the all componenets
which is present in to the above .conf file. like..
.
.
component type hw-cpu-arm7t unknown
arm-pid-tksm.conf:30: component type hw-mapper-basic
unknown
arm-pid-tksm.conf:31: component type
hw-glue-sequence-8 unknown
arm-pid-tksm.conf:32: component type
hw-glue-sequence-1 unknown
arm-pid-tksm.conf:33: component type
hw-glue-sequence-8 unknown
arm-pid-tksm.conf:34: component type
hw-glue-sequence-1 unknown
arm-pid-tksm.conf:35: component type
hw-glue-sequence-2 unknown
arm-pid-tksm.conf:36: component type
sid-sched-host-accurate unknown

How can I do it?

Your suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Regards!!

Umesh Jaiswal,
   enSys

For live cricket scores download  Yahoo! Score Tracker
 at: http://in.sports.yahoo.com/cricket/tracker.html

* Re: help needed
@ 2002-04-24  7:33 ` Ben Elliston
From: Ben Elliston @ 2002-04-24  7:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: umesh jaiswal; +Cc: sid

  umeshjc> After installation ,in user/local/bin, I found files
  umeshjc> such as sid ,arm-elf-sid ,i386-elf-sid ,configrun-sid
  umeshjc> & lot .
  umeshjc> But when I invoke
  umeshjc>              % sid  arm7t-config  (according to docs)
  umeshjc>      OR
  umeshjc>              % configrun-sid arm7t-config
  umeshjc>       .. but it doesn't work ,simply showing  help
  umeshjc> contents.

arm-elf-sid, etc. are front-end scripts that generate simple
configuration files (ie. nothing particularly customised) and run sid
with on that configuration.

sid is used to run specific configurations, passing it the name of the
configuration file on the command line.  This question comes up a lot
and so there is an FAQ item for it that you might like to browse:

	http://sources.redhat.com/fom-serv/sid/cache/6.html

Cheers, Ben