public inbox for sid@sourceware.org
* Sid confused by Wine ;-)
@ 2002-04-23 16:09 Klaus Pedersen
From: Klaus Pedersen @ 2002-04-23 16:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: SID-list

Hi,

There is one annoying problem with the sid configure scripts on my Linux
box.

The primary problem is that the configuration variable HAVE_LIBWINMM is
defined,
which is causing compSched.cxx to fail to compile.

Furthermore, when starting sid, it dumps a core, when it tries to load
libkernel32.
So there is a problem, that is related to Wine, which exports a lot of
the Windows
API as standard shared objects that you can link into your own programs.
It was
a big surprise that my Linux box lived such a double live.

As a workaround I preload the kernel32 and winmm guess variables with
"no" like this:
  ac_cv_lib_kernel32_main=no \
  ac_cv_lib_winmm_main=no \
  ../sid/src/configure --prefix=/opt/sid --target=arm-elf

How can this problem be fixed? -

BR, Klaus Pedersen

* Re: Sid confused by Wine ;-)
@ 2002-04-24 16:06 ` Ben Elliston
From: Ben Elliston @ 2002-04-24 16:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Klaus Pedersen; +Cc: SID-list

  Klaus> As a workaround I preload the kernel32 and winmm guess variables with
  Klaus> "no" like this:
  Klaus>   ac_cv_lib_kernel32_main=no \
  Klaus>   ac_cv_lib_winmm_main=no \
  Klaus>   ../sid/src/configure --prefix=/opt/sid --target=arm-elf

  Klaus> How can this problem be fixed?

You could hack the configure script so that these tests are only run
if the host is Cygwin.  Although it is not ideal to perform platform
tests like this in the Autoconf world, it is also not ideal to install
software which makes one platform look mysteriously like another.  ;-)

Ben