public inbox for sid@sourceware.org
* SID execution error
@ 2002-11-16  5:50 汪 翼
From: 汪 翼 @ 2002-11-16  5:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sid

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset=gb2312; format=flowed, Size: 736 bytes --]

Hi

I built SID and a arm-target cross-toolchain and wanted to try sid, but I
got some problem.

The toolchain on my systerm was a prebuilt one, I download it from:
http://www.lart.tudelft.nl/lartware/compile-tools/
I wrote a toy program "test.c" like :
main()
{
    int i;
    i = 0;
}
then I compiled it with arm-linux-gcc:
arm-linux-gcc -o test.exe test.c

I run sid:
arm-elf-sid test.exe
but I got the comment:
loader: write to data accessor failed at address 0x2000000, status 2
loader: error loading test.exe

What to do now?How could I run sid successfully?

Thank you for your help!

Dam Dang

Ãâ·ÑÏÂÔØ MSN Explorer:  http://explorer.msn.com/lccn/

* Re: SID execution error
@ 2002-11-16 15:29 ` Frank Ch. Eigler
From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2002-11-16 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ?? ??; +Cc: sid

Hi -

> I built SID and a arm-target cross-toolchain and wanted to try sid, but I
> got some problem.
>
> The toolchain on my systerm was a prebuilt one, I download it from:
> http://www.lart.tudelft.nl/lartware/compile-tools/
> [...]
> then I compiled it with arm-linux-gcc:
> arm-linux-gcc -o test.exe test.c

The problem is that this toolchain probably produces arm-linux type
executables.  While they may be ELF format files, they likely assume
a memory layout (and importantly, system libraries and system call ABI)
that is different from that of basic embedded ARM systems.

It's not hopeless to try to configure sid to try to emulate an arm-linux
environment.  It'd be easier to get a plain embedded arm-elf toolchain,
or use the arm-linux one somehow without the linux target dependencies.

- FChE

* Re: SID execution error
@ 2002-11-16 22:01 汪 翼
From: 汪 翼 @ 2002-11-16 22:01 UTC (permalink / raw)