public inbox for sid@sourceware.org
From: "Frank Ch. Eigler" <fche@redhat.com>
To: Mikael Starvik <mikael.starvik@axis.com>
Cc: sid@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: Future of SID
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 22:43:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Hi -

On Fri, Jun 17, 2005 at 01:03:13PM +0200, Mikael Starvik wrote:
> Long time since this email conversation took place but anyway. I
> have attached the SID configuration files that we use to set up an
> entire system with CPU, MMU, Ethernet etc that runs Linux 2.6. [...]

It's gratifying to hear that you've been able to master it with so
little help from us.  Your configuration files suggest that your own
component models follow the philosophy of the system.

> The components are not quite ready for submission yet.

That's ok, we'll wait.  On the other hand, it doesn't have to be
perfect to sit in the sourceware CVS repository, and you keep
copyright of your own work.

- FChE