public inbox for sid@sourceware.org
* Does sid use the src/blt directory?
@ 2006-04-05 16:01 Steve Ellcey
From: Steve Ellcey @ 2006-04-05 16:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sid

I have been looking into whether or not the src/blt, src/iwidgets, and
src/mmalloc directories in the source tree could be removed.  I thought
blt and iwidgets were only used by insight but someone mentioned that
sid used src/blt at one time.  Can anyone give me more information about
this?

Looking at sid/component/tcl/configure.in, I see a commented out check
for the src/blt directory.  This check seems to be commented out even in
the intial version of the file that is in CVS, so I am assuming that any
use of src/blt is older than that (Dec 2000).  Can anyone confirm this
assumption?

Steve Ellcey
sje@cup.hp.com

* Re: Does sid use the src/blt directory?
@ 2006-04-05 16:07 ` Frank Ch. Eigler
From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2006-04-05 16:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steve Ellcey; +Cc: sid

On Wed, Apr 05, 2006 at 09:01:49AM -0700, Steve Ellcey wrote:

> I have been looking into whether or not the src/blt, src/iwidgets, and
> src/mmalloc directories in the source tree could be removed.  [...]

I know of no current or recent use of BLT in sid.  Even if there was,
using a system blt instead of a colocated source one would be
acceptable.  So, IMO you can go ahead with the clean up, thanks!

- FChE