public inbox for sid@sourceware.org
* Hierarchical components/graphical components
@ 2006-06-11 14:10 Onno Kortmann
From: Onno Kortmann @ 2006-06-11 14:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sid

Hi,

now that I played around a bit with SID, I have a couple of questions:

1.) Is there a way to make a prototype setup and declare a component out of
this prototype setup, or some way of nesting configurations to enable
hierarchies of components? For example, I'd like to have a microcontroller
with the embedded periphery modeled as separate SID components but have the
whole setup appear as another component in SID which I can reuse multiple
times in a higher-level setup.

2.) Are there graphical editors for SID setups? More complicated setups are
easier to edit graphically, I think. I'm thinking of something like a
netlister for gschem or similar.

Best regards,

Onno