public inbox for sid@sourceware.org
* Dejagnu caretaker
@ 2001-01-15 21:08 Andrew Cagney
From: Andrew Cagney @ 2001-01-15 21:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sid; +Cc: GDB Discussion

Hello,

The top level MAINTAINERS file would suggest that the SID group have
laid claim to src/DEJAGNU, vis:

1.7          (fche     07-Dec-00): sid/, sid parts of cgen/, dejagnu/
1.7          (fche     07-Dec-00):      sid:
http://sources.redhat.com/sid/
1.7          (fche     07-Dec-00):      Patches to
sid@sources.redhat.com

interesting there is also:

1.1          (cagney   03-Apr-00): expect/, dejagnu/, config-ml.in,
mpw-README,
mpw-build.in,
1.4          (cagney   27-Jul-00): mpw-config.in, mpw-configure,
mpw-install, se
tup.com, missing,
1.4          (cagney   27-Jul-00): makefile.vms, utils/, config/,
config.if, mak
efile.vms, missing,
1.4          (cagney   27-Jul-00): ylwrap, mkdep, etc/, install-sh,
intl/
1.1          (cagney   03-Apr-00):      ?

so I'm assuming that the intent was to indicate that SID have an active
interest in dejagnu.

The GDB group added that version of dejagnu to the binutils repository
when GDB was also incorporated.  Since then they have been acting as the
unofficial caretakers of that code (since the official code is
elsewhere).  If there is going to be something more formal established
then it would be appreciated if it was discussed first.  GDB testing is
seriously dependant on dejagnu and really needs a finger in that pie.
GCC and binutils are probably not far behind in the queue.

I'll separate dejagnu from the SID categories.

	enjoy,
		Andrew

* Re: Dejagnu caretaker
@ 2001-01-15 21:11 ` Ben Elliston
From: Ben Elliston @ 2001-01-15 21:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Cagney; +Cc: sid, GDB Discussion

   The top level MAINTAINERS file would suggest that the SID group have
   laid claim to src/DEJAGNU, vis:

   1.7          (fche     07-Dec-00): sid/, sid parts of cgen/, dejagnu/

   so I'm assuming that the intent was to indicate that SID have an active
   interest in dejagnu.

I expect Frank was merely laying claim to the sid-related board definitions
ie. baseboards/basic-sid.exp, etc -- which, by the way, Frank, are missing!

Ben

* Re: Dejagnu caretaker
@ 2001-01-16  1:09   ` Andrew Cagney
From: Andrew Cagney @ 2001-01-16  1:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ben Elliston; +Cc: sid, GDB Discussion

Ben Elliston wrote:

>    The top level MAINTAINERS file would suggest that the SID group have
>    laid claim to src/DEJAGNU, vis:
>
>    1.7          (fche     07-Dec-00): sid/, sid parts of cgen/, dejagnu/
>
>    so I'm assuming that the intent was to indicate that SID have an active
>    interest in dejagnu.
>
> I expect Frank was merely laying claim to the sid-related board definitions
> ie. baseboards/basic-sid.exp, etc -- which, by the way, Frank, are missing!

Yes.  Re-reading it, it was ment to say `` sid parts of cgen/ and
dejagnu/.  I've gone through and clarified this for all parts.

sorry, for the over reaction,

	Andrew

* Re: Dejagnu caretaker
@ 2001-01-16  8:47 ` Fernando Nasser
From: Fernando Nasser @ 2001-01-16  8:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Cagney; +Cc: sid, GDB Discussion

Andrew Cagney wrote:

> The GDB group added that version of dejagnu to the binutils repository
> when GDB was also incorporated.  Since then they have been acting as the
> unofficial caretakers of that code (since the official code is
> elsewhere).  If there is going to be something more formal established
> then it would be appreciated if it was discussed first.  GDB testing is
> seriously dependant on dejagnu and really needs a finger in that pie.
> GCC and binutils are probably not far behind in the queue.

Stan and I were considering it as part of our testsuite framework and have
been acting as maintainers of it.

> I'll separate dejagnu from the SID categories.

As long as it is used by several different groups of developers it should be
separated.  The maintainership should be kept though.

--
Fernando Nasser
Red Hat - Toronto                       E-Mail:  fnasser@redhat.com