public inbox for sid@sourceware.org
* SID support for gcov?
@ 2004-06-07 21:04 Dave Brolley
From: Dave Brolley @ 2004-06-07 21:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sid

Can gcov be used with SID? From what I've read about gcov it doesn't
seem like any special SID support would be necessary. It seems like all
the needed support is done at compile time and by runtime code, however
executing a simple program after compiling it with -dprofile-arcs and
-ftest-coverage didn't produce any .da files. Perhaps the runtime code
doesn't use any of the supported syscalls?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave

* Re: SID support for gcov?
@ 2004-06-08  5:57 ` Ben Elliston
From: Ben Elliston @ 2004-06-08  5:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sid

Hi Dave

> Can gcov be used with SID? From what I've read about gcov it doesn't
> seem like any special SID support would be necessary. It seems like
> all the needed support is done at compile time and by runtime code,
> however executing a simple program after compiling it with
> -dprofile-arcs and -ftest-coverage didn't produce any .da
> files. Perhaps the runtime code doesn't use any of the supported
> syscalls?

You're right--the instrumented code relies on runtime support on the
target for doing things like opening and writing the .da files on the
host.  Does your gloss/monitor support this?

My recollection is that I tested this a couple of years ago and it
worked (at least for the target I worked on).

Cheers, Ben