public inbox for sid@sourceware.org
* Using vsnprintf or vasprintf in sid
@ 2003-05-23 18:17 Dave Brolley
From: Dave Brolley @ 2003-05-23 18:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sid

Hi,

I have a need for printf-like printing into a buffer, however I have no
control over the input and so I don't know the size of the buffer which
will be required. It looks like vsnprintf (_ISOC99_SOURCE) or vasprintf
(_GNU_SOURCE) are what I need. Is it ok to use these function in sid
and, if so, how do I get configure to add the necessary -Dxxxx to the
sid compilations and (if necessary) specify the library to look in?

Thanks,
Dave