* Problem with sources in multiple directories
@ 2001-02-23 22:46 PAUL KOVITZ
From: PAUL KOVITZ @ 2001-02-23 22:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

Hello. I am new to Source Navigator and I am having what must be a very
basic problem. I am running 4.52 Source Navigator on Windows 98 2nd edition
and the latest version of cygwin (I upgraded after I had this problem). I
have a project with sources in two separate directories as follows:
./src1/fn.h -- contains function headers for f1() and f2()
./src1/fn.c -- contains f1() and f2() definitions. includes fn.h
./src2/main.c -- contains main() definition. calls f1() includes fn.h
If I add only ./src1 to the build target, then I can compile fn.c (it won't
link because it doesn't have main).
If I add only ./src2 to the build target, then I can compile main.c (it
won't link because it doesn't have the functions in fn.c).
If I add both ./src1 and ./src2 to the build target, then fn.c does't
compile. The error message is:
make: *** No rule to make target `fn.h', needed by `fn.o'.  Stop.

I have changed the build rules so that both ./src1 and ./src2 are added
during gcc with the -I option. I thought this might be the VPATH problem I
was reading about in the archives, but upgrading my cygwin does not fix the
problem. What am I doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Paul Kovitz

* Re: Problem with sources in multiple directories
@ 2001-02-26 20:10 ` PAUL KOVITZ
From: PAUL KOVITZ @ 2001-02-26 20:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

Even more interesting. I tried the same experiment at work on an NT
machine and a Linux box. I had the same problem on the NT machine.
The Linux box did not have the problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, even if it is directing me to
the appropriate mail archive.