* Berkeley DB version ; Visual C build environment ; HTML display
@ 2001-03-06 20:58 David Robinson (AU)
From: David Robinson (AU) @ 2001-03-06 20:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'sourcenav@sourceware.cygnus.com'

Hi

Why does Source Navigator use version 1.85 of the Berkeley DB when the
latest version is 3.2.9? Is this a licencing issue? Can you read the SN
database using the latest Berkeley DB libraries?

Has anyone created a Microsoft Visual Studio project to build SN?

A while ago someone mentioned that there was primitive support for
displaying source code in HTML format? Is anyone actively developing this
feature?

Thanks
David.

* Re: Berkeley DB version ; Visual C build environment ; HTML display
@ 2001-03-06 21:16 ` Ian Roxborough
From: Ian Roxborough @ 2001-03-06 21:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Robinson (AU); +Cc: 'sourcenav@sourceware.cygnus.com'

"David Robinson (AU)" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Why does Source Navigator use version 1.85 of the Berkeley DB when the
> latest version is 3.2.9?

They are many differences between the 1.x and the 3.x Berkeley DB
libraries, there may not be any need to upgrade to the latest Berkeley
DB, some people have pointed out that although certain operations are
faster
in the latest version, the ones that Source-Navigator will use the
most are actually slower.

> Is this a licencing issue?

No.

> Can you read the SN database using the latest Berkeley DB libraries?

Probably not. I'm also not sure why you'd want to.

> Has anyone created a Microsoft Visual Studio project to build SN?

No, again, why would anybody want to? We already have a cross
platform build system.

> A while ago someone mentioned that there was primitive support for
> displaying source code in HTML format? Is anyone actively developing this
> feature?

Not currently. OR if there are they are not sharing it.
I've heard of people doing this, but what they where doing
was very specific to their source code.

Ian.

* Re: Berkeley DB version ; Visual C build environment ; HTML display
@ 2001-03-10 19:46   ` Paul Selormey
From: Paul Selormey @ 2001-03-10 19:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ian Roxborough, David Robinson (AU); +Cc: sourcenav

Hello,
This is a little off-topic.
Where do I get the latest version of the Berkeley DB to download?
Also, I have heard about open source DB called Diamond being
used by wxStudio initially for a similar work. How does this compare
with the Berkeley DB in terms of speed? Anyone?

Best regards,
Paul.

@ 2001-03-11 20:21     ` Ben Elliston
From: Ben Elliston @ 2001-03-11 20:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Selormey; +Cc: Ian Roxborough, David Robinson (AU), sourcenav

  Paul> Where do I get the latest version of the Berkeley DB to
  Paul> download?

Take a look at http://www.sleepycat.com for pointers.

Ben