* Re: New SegFault will importing some java files from OpenOffice
       [not found] <Pine.LNX.4.31.0101030921560.9867-100000@moshpit.cygnus.com>
@ 2001-01-02 19:48 ` Kevin B. Hendricks
From: Kevin B. Hendricks @ 2001-01-02 19:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ben Elliston; +Cc: sourcenav

Hi Ben,

> If you can come up with a tiny test case that triggers the bug (did you
> notice the database records that contain empty fields when jbrowser is
> run?), then someone on the mailing list should be able to help.

Okay, here is the smallest testcase that I could think of:

---cut-here--Test1.java----
import java.lang.reflect.*;
public class Test1 {
      System.out.println(Test1[].class.getName());
---cut-here--Test1.java----

This does compile and run and it does come back with the input paramter null
message when imported into snavigator.

Based on trial and error... you actually don't need the print or the
.getName() but I wanted to prove to myself that Sun's javac would actually
compile it successfully and that it would run.  Without the array notation []
this does parse in snavigator correctly, but with the array notation it fails.

Hope someone on the sourcenav team can get this fixed.

Thanks,

Kevin

* New SegFault will importing some java files from OpenOffice
@ 2000-12-29 11:12 Kevin B. Hendricks
From: Kevin B. Hendricks @ 2000-12-29 11:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

Hi Ben,

Here we go again.  I thought I could finish processing the OpenOffice source
but ran into problems processing  some java files.

I have attached two java files that when copied into their own directory and
run snavigator and import the directory, you get the following error messages:

Error: put_symbol argument #3 must not be empty, type: (cl), line 715 file:
/src2/openoffice-613/jurt/com/sun/star/comp/loader/JavaLoader.java

Input parameter (#8) must not be NULL file:
/src2/openoffice-613/jurt/com/sun/star/comp/loader/JavaLoader.java line: 715

Input paramater (#8) must not be NULL
file:/src2/openoffice-613/jurt/com/sun/star/comp/servicemanager/ServiceManager.java
line: 613

I tried your trick of just running /usr/local/bin/jbrowser on a file list and
both pass.  The error only seems to happen when importing them into a new
project using snavigator.

I hope you see the same error messages this time.  I would hate for this to
be another hardcoded buffer overflow problem!  ;-)

Thanks,

Kevin

---
Kevin B. Hendricks, Associate Professor
Operations and Information Technology
Richard Ivey School of Business, UWO, London ON, CANADA
(519) 661-3874