* Getting SN5 running over a 452 install.
@ 2001-05-16 19:09 Benjamin Scherrey
From: Benjamin Scherrey @ 2001-05-16 19:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Source Navigator

* Re: Getting SN5 running over a 452 install.
@ 2001-05-17 13:17 ` Mo DeJong
From: Mo DeJong @ 2001-05-17 13:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

On Wed, 16 May 2001, Benjamin Scherrey wrote:

> I d/l'd 5 and built/installed it but when I try to
> run it I get a 'Error: invalid command name "sn_tcl_tk_init"' message at the
> command prompt.

Did you build as root and then try to run it as a normal user?
Do you get the same error if you build/install/run as a normal
user?

Mo

* Re: Getting SN5 running over a 452 install.
@ 2001-05-17 15:06   ` Benjamin Scherrey
From: Benjamin Scherrey @ 2001-05-17 15:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mo DeJong, sourcenav

* Re: Getting SN5 running over a 452 install.
@ 2001-05-19 18:47     ` Artem Khodush
From: Artem Khodush @ 2001-05-19 18:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

Benjamin Scherrey wrote:

> Yes - the behavior I described was under that scenerio. When I try to run as
> root I get a different error:  'Error: invalid command name
> "Preferences&::load_default_settings"'.

I was hit by this, too. Somehow the tclIndex file in the share/sourcenav/gui
directory is not built completely - the script that builds it during install time
fails with the error message: application-specific initialization failed: invalid
command name "tcl_findLibrary". After I rerun that command by hand,
everything works. The script is:

here=\`pwd\` && TCL_LIBRARY=%{source_dir}/tcl8.1/library && export TCL_LIBRARY && \\
  PATH="\$PATH":%{build_dir}/tcl8.1/unix && export PATH && \\
          cd %{prefix}/usr/local/share/sourcenav/gui && \\
  rm -f tclIndex && \\
  echo "auto_mkindex %{prefix}/usr/local/share/sourcenav/gui" > mkindex.tcl && \\
  %{build_dir}/itcl/itcl/unix/itclsh mkindex.tcl && \\
  rm -f mkindex.tcl && \\
  chmod 644 tclIndex

To verify that /usr/local/share/sourcenav/gui/tclIndex is built properly, see if it lists
Preferences::load_default_settings among other things.
Or you may just grab that file from the binary and drop it onto your installation.

* Re: Getting SN5 running over a 452 install.
@ 2001-06-06 18:22   ` Benjamin Scherrey
From: Benjamin Scherrey @ 2001-06-06 18:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mo DeJong, sourcenav

Its been a long time but I'm just no getting around to this....

I did indeed build/install as root and it runs (apparently) fine as root. I
recall that this was a problem in 452 but I don't recall which file I need to
fix the permissions on so all users can run it. Can't this be fixed in the
install portion of the build? Anyway, please let me know which file I need to
fix permissions on.

	thanx & later,

		Ben Scherrey