From: Jordan <jordan.howarth@cmis.csiro.au>
To: sourcenav@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Cannot build project with windows binary
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 03:37:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Hi,

This is another request for assistance regarding my attempts to build
some simple projects inside the windows release of SN 5.0.

Thanks to Syd, Bernard and Khamis for their comments so
far. Unfortunately, no dice.

My setup:

Windows 2000
Cygwin is located at C:\cygwin
SourceNavigator is located at C:\SourceNavigator

C:\> PATH includes C:\SourceNavigator\H-i686-pc-cygwin\bin;C:\cygwin;C:\cygwin\bin;

I can build the "projects" from the command line in both a Windows
Command prompt window and from a cygwin bash shell proving that in
both cases, gcc is in the search path.

Results from SN:

Clean build of room.proj

rm -f *.o
rm -f libclassroom.a
make: rm: Command not found
make: *** [clean] Error 127
+++ End +++

Build of head.proj

g++ -c main.cpp
make: g++: Command not found
make: *** [main.o] Error 127
+++ End +++

I can set up these projects in version of SourceNavigator I built from
source on my linux box and the projects build and run OK, proving that
it is not my project build setup inside SN that is the problem.  The
confusing issue in all this is that "make" can be called by SN even
though it exists in the same directory as g++, rm, etc.

So either my Cygwin/Sn setup is skewif on the windows side or the
windows binary hasn't been built properly as it can't locate the tools
with which to build the projects.

I would ideally like somebody to do a fresh install of the SN 5.0
binary to identify if my experience is actually a bug.

Any inspiration divine or otherwise gratefully accepted.

J.

P.S. As before please Cc me directly when replying to the list, thanks.