* Update on source code availability
@ 2000-05-22 12:00 Jim Kingdon
From: Jim Kingdon @ 2000-05-22 12:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

Lots of people have noticed that Red Hat are planning to open source
Source Navigator (I think the fact that it got mentioned in a press
release might have something to do with it :-)).  Some of them have
also noticed that it isn't up for download yet (I hate it when people
are that perceptive ;-)).

Here's the status report as I understand it:

* We are expecting to release it just as soon as we can.  Therefore,
  frills like having an RPM package as well as sources might have to
  wait until after the initial release.

* It is hard to say when, or be sure that it will be soon.  When
  taking a project from closed to open there are various issues to be
  dealt with, and some of them go on "lawyer time" instead of
  "internet time", unfortunately.

If you want to be kept informed, please join the sourcenav and/or
sourcenav-announce mailing lists.  The former can also be used for
discussions (anyone want to put up a betting pool about when the
release will be ;-))?  Details at
http://sourceware.cygnus.com/lists.html .  Likewise if you know anyone
who is wondering, have them subscribe.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2000-05-22 12:00 UTC | newest]