* Support for mounted directories in Windows
@ 2001-02-07 14:16 Tom Dell
From: Tom Dell @ 2001-02-07 14:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Source Navigator Mail List (E-mail)

I am trying to use Source Navigator under WinNT (yuck) in a cygwin
environment.  Everything works fine, except I can't use cygwin
mounted directories, because SN uses windows file browsers and
doesn't understand the cygwin environment.  Is this a bug, or is
it a restriction on the winblows environment?

Thanks for any info,
Tom Dell
Cellport Systems
tdell@cellport.com

* Re: Support for mounted directories in Windows
@ 2001-02-08 11:19 ` D-Man
From: D-Man @ 2001-02-08 11:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Source Navigator Mail List (E-mail)

On Wed, Feb 07, 2001 at 03:15:48PM -0700, Tom Dell wrote:
| I am trying to use Source Navigator under WinNT (yuck) in a cygwin
| environment.  Everything works fine, except I can't use cygwin
| mounted directories, because SN uses windows file browsers and
| doesn't understand the cygwin environment.  Is this a bug, or is
| it a restriction on the winblows environment?

It is because SN is compiled as a Windows app.  Anything built as a
windows app is limited to windows functionality (or lack thereof ;-))

You could try recompiling it with gcc in the cygwin environment (as a
unix application, not a windows).  If you succeed (I haven't tried),
then you would have all the cygwin functionality as well.

Another possibility is to define environment variables for your
mounts.  I did this with HOME.  I can now type %HOME% in any windows
path and it will refer to my cygwin home.

-D