* It's spring!
@ 2001-03-20  1:20 William Gacquer
From: William Gacquer @ 2001-03-20  1:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

Hello source navigators!
	It's spring and I feel hungry for testing the next release! (any
status report?)

	I now also use SN in my embedded developments ( arm-linux on Yopy )
and definitely, it rules. Thanks again for this wonderful product.

	William Gacquer

* Re: It's spring!
@ 2001-03-20 15:45 ` Mo DeJong
From: Mo DeJong @ 2001-03-20 15:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

On Tue, 20 Mar 2001, William Gacquer wrote:

> Hello source navigators!
> 	It's spring and I feel hungry for testing the next release! (any
> status report?)

Soon, very soon. I know you heard that one before, but software
is never done as soon as one would like.

> 	I now also use SN in my embedded developments ( arm-linux on Yopy )
> and definitely, it rules. Thanks again for this wonderful product.

That does sound cool.

Mo DeJong
Red Hat Inc

* Re: It's spring!
@ 2001-03-20 17:08   ` Mike Clarkson
From: Mike Clarkson @ 2001-03-20 17:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mo DeJong; +Cc: sourcenav

At 03:45 PM 3/20/01 -0800, you wrote:
>On Tue, 20 Mar 2001, William Gacquer wrote:
>
>> Hello source navigators!
>> 	It's spring and I feel hungry for testing the next release! (any
>> status report?)
>
>Soon, very soon. I know you heard that one before, but software
>is never done as soon as one would like.

Are you going to upgrade to Tix 8.1.1 for the next release?
It has I believe all of the patches from your 4.1, plus a large number
of other fixes and improvements. The configure scripts should be compatible
with your setup - they are built on them.

Mike.

* Re: It's spring!
@ 2001-03-20 17:16     ` Syd Polk
From: Syd Polk @ 2001-03-20 17:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mike Clarkson, Mo DeJong; +Cc: sourcenav

At 05:05 PM 3/20/01 -0800, Mike Clarkson wrote:
>At 03:45 PM 3/20/01 -0800, you wrote:
> >On Tue, 20 Mar 2001, William Gacquer wrote:
> >
> >> Hello source navigators!
> >>      It's spring and I feel hungry for testing the next release! (any
> >> status report?)
> >
> >Soon, very soon. I know you heard that one before, but software
> >is never done as soon as one would like.
>
>Are you going to upgrade to Tix 8.1.1 for the next release?
>It has I believe all of the patches from your 4.1, plus a large number
>of other fixes and improvements. The configure scripts should be compatible
>with your setup - they are built on them.
>
>Mike.

We have not done this work yet, unfortunately.

Syd Polk		spolk@redhat.com
Engineering Manager	+1 408 543 9430
Red Hat, Inc.

* Re: It's spring!
@ 2001-03-20 17:25       ` Mike Clarkson
From: Mike Clarkson @ 2001-03-20 17:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Syd Polk, Mo DeJong; +Cc: sourcenav

At 05:17 PM 3/20/01 -0800, Syd Polk wrote:
>At 05:05 PM 3/20/01 -0800, Mike Clarkson wrote:
>>Are you going to upgrade to Tix 8.1.1 for the next release?
>>It has I believe all of the patches from your 4.1, plus a large number
>>of other fixes and improvements. The configure scripts should be compatible
>>with your setup - they are built on them.
>>
>>Mike.
>
>We have not done this work yet, unfortunately.

It should be a more or less drop in replacement for what you have -
I've tried to maintain compatability with your configure. I'm sure
you're busy, but it might be worth an hour to try it out; we're working
on imporving the compatability with the Windows look and feel, so it
"feels" more Windows like, and I'd like to get your feedback for
the next release on http://tix.sourceforge.net .

Mike.