* Hi!
       [not found] <964234885.6192.ezmlm@sources.redhat.com>
@ 2000-07-21 20:04 ` Ben Elliston
From: Ben Elliston @ 2000-07-21 20:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

Hi guys,

I'm on the sourcenav list.  It's good to see it finally out there!

I haven't had a chance to download it yet, but I wonder -- what dependencies
still exist for S-N?  Does it still require Tix?  Any Tcl/Tk local changes?
It would be nice if it could run on the standard Tcl and Tk shared
libraries.

On another front, now that this is all GPL'd, I'm interested in putting some
time into getting a parser test harness in place.  Interested?

Cheers!

Ben

* Re: Hi!
@ 2000-07-21 20:18   ` Mo DeJong
From: Mo DeJong @ 2000-07-21 20:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

On Sat, 22 Jul 2000, Ben Elliston wrote:

> Hi guys,

Hi Ben.

> I'm on the sourcenav list.  It's good to see it finally out there!
>
> I haven't had a chance to download it yet, but I wonder -- what dependencies
> still exist for S-N?  Does it still require Tix?

Yes. It is sad but true, we still use Tix. This is going to be at the
top of my list of things to remove once we get the Tcl 8.3 upgrade
finished and a stable 5.0 release out the door. The good news is
we have already removed thousands of lines of cruft from the
4.5 branch and rewritten a lot of the GUI during the Itcl
3.0 upgrade. I am sure you would not even recognize most of
the front end code. I am going to make it a point to move
most of our cool widgets into Tk 8.4 (combobox,
multicolumn listbox, tree and so on).

> Any Tcl/Tk local changes?

A couple. Nothing too major.

> It would be nice if it could run on the standard Tcl and Tk shared
> libraries.

That that would be nice. We plan on running with Tcl 8.3 in a couple
of months.

> On another front, now that this is all GPL'd, I'm interested in putting some
> time into getting a parser test harness in place.  Interested?

Oh yeah. A parser test suite is something we *really* need. Problems
with the parsers are the #1 complaint. I am working on a GUI
test harness but parser tests have been on the back burner
until all the GUI work is finished.

Mo DeJong
Red Hat Inc

* Re: Hi!
@ 2000-07-24  9:26   ` Syd Polk
From: Syd Polk @ 2000-07-24  9:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ben Elliston; +Cc: sourcenav

Ben Elliston wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I'm on the sourcenav list.  It's good to see it finally out there!
>
> I haven't had a chance to download it yet, but I wonder -- what dependencies
> still exist for S-N?  Does it still require Tix?  Any Tcl/Tk local changes?
> It would be nice if it could run on the standard Tcl and Tk shared
> libraries.

Still has the same basic dependencies and still has tcl/tk local changes. One of
my goals is to be able to run with either the cygnus local tcl stuff or the tcl
distribution.

> On another front, now that this is all GPL'd, I'm interested in putting some
> time into getting a parser test harness in place.  Interested?

Absolutely!

> Cheers!
>
> Ben

* Re: Hi!
@ 2000-07-24 19:03     ` Gilles J. Seguin
From: Gilles J. Seguin @ 2000-07-24 19:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs; +Cc: sourcenav

Ben Elliston wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I'm on the sourcenav list.  It's good to see it finally out there!
>
> I haven't had a chance to download it yet, but I wonder -- what
> dependencies still exist for S-N?  Does it still require Tix?
> Any Tcl/Tk local changes?
> It would be nice if it could run on the standard Tcl and Tk shared
> libraries.
>
> On another front, now that this is all GPL'd, I'm interested in putting some
> time into getting a parser test harness in place.  Interested?

Yes, tell us more about what you have in mind.
And things that must done.  The effort needed,