* Command line-problem under DOS
@ 2001-01-07 15:04 M. Kruschinski
From: M. Kruschinski @ 2001-01-07 15:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

Hi there!

I work with Windows 98SE and normally, SourceNavigator
4.5.2 works JUST FINE.

But:  Now I need to use the -import switch and so I must
use the command line (DOS box), right?

The file I would like to specify after the -import switch
is rather large and contains many . and .. directories, so
I feel forced to cd into the directory where the software
lies that is to be browsed before I issue the snavigator-
command.

But:  Whenever I try to start snavigator after having cd'ed
to another directory (not being the one where snavigator
lives), a box pops out saying "error starting Source
Navigator" and nothing else, accompanied by the usual
M$ red cross.

PATH is set correctly, I assume (since this error-box
looks very much like being generated from somewhere
inside SourceNavigator).

If only the said box's text would be a LITTLE more
specific...

So, why can I start SourceNavigator in a DOS box only if
I currently am in the directory where it resides?
What am I doing wrong?

I would be very thankful for a hint.

Best regards
Marcus Kruschinski
Berlin, Germany

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-01-07 15:04 UTC | newest]