* Selecting files in Project Manager
@ 2001-01-12 11:49 Marta Stojanovic
From: Marta Stojanovic @ 2001-01-12 11:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

Hi all !

This must be a stupid question, but I'll go with it anyway :

I would like to select only .h files from a project full of .cpp, .c and
other files that I'm not interested right now. When creating a project I
have either an option to add files or to add directories. If I add .h
files one by one it would be very time-consuming and error-prone. If I
add a project directory with all subdirectories, I end up with all the
files. I am able to choose only .h files by typing "*.h" in the
"pattern" text-field, but when I click OK, it parses all the files,
nevertheless.

Is there a simple way to choose just one file extension, so that I can
be certain that database files contain only the information from .h
files and not the whole project ?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Marta.

* Re: Selecting files in Project Manager
@ 2001-01-12 12:31 ` Mo DeJong
From: Mo DeJong @ 2001-01-12 12:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

On Fri, 12 Jan 2001, Marta Stojanovic wrote:

> Hi all !
>
> This must be a stupid question, but I'll go with it anyway :
>
> I would like to select only .h files from a project full of .cpp, .c and
> other files that I'm not interested right now. When creating a project I
> have either an option to add files or to add directories. If I add .h
> files one by one it would be very time-consuming and error-prone. If I
> add a project directory with all subdirectories, I end up with all the
> files. I am able to choose only .h files by typing "*.h" in the
> "pattern" text-field, but when I click OK, it parses all the files,
> nevertheless.
>
> Is there a simple way to choose just one file extension, so that I can
> be certain that database files contain only the information from .h
> files and not the whole project ?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Kind regards,
> Marta.

You have two options. You could create the db with only .h files
in it or you could just load all the files and use a "view" that
only holds the .h file.

The first option can be done like so:

% cd $THE_TOP_DIR
% find `pwd` -name "*.h" > dot_h.list

% snavigator --create --import dot_h.list

The second option can be done from the
project editor. You type a view name
like "dot_h" into the "View" box and
hit enter. That will create a new
view that you can delete the
other files from.

Mo DeJong
Red Hat Inc

* How to use Views [Was: Selecting files in Project Manager]
@ 2001-01-12 12:53 ` Ian Roxborough
From: Ian Roxborough @ 2001-01-12 12:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marta Stojanovic; +Cc: sourcenav

Hi,

Yes, there is a way to do it, it's not as straight forward
as I'd like it to be.  For this interface your question is
not so stupid.

1) Create a project with all the files you're interested in
   (I'm assuming that you're adding c, cpp, h, etc. files...

Now bring up the project editor.

2) Create a new View, this is done by typing into the text entry
box labeled views and hitting Return.  It will ask you if you want
to create a new view (yes you do is the correct answer).

3) Select the top node of your project and click on the "Hide"
button, so this view is now empty of files.  In the "pattern"
field in the project editor, enter "*.h" and hit return, now
you should see only header files.  Select all of the header
files (selecting the top node will select all the files under it)
and click on the "View" button.  Click "apply" and you looking
at all the header files in your project.

You can change back to viewing all your files by going back to
the project editor and selecting default as the view.

I hope this helps,

     Ian.