* Additional assembly parsers?
@ 2001-02-08  9:21 Lonnie L VanZandt
From: Lonnie L VanZandt @ 2001-02-08  9:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

Do you have a contribution site or a HOWTO that has or explains how to
create parsers for arm, mips, and sh assembly code? I'd like to use source
nav on the 2.4 arch families I listed but source nav (4.5.2) unfortunately
can't parse through those directories without hanging.

Lonnie VanZandt
Sr. Systems Engineer
TimeSys Corporation

* Additional assembly parsers?
@ 2001-02-08 13:36 ` Ben Elliston
From: Ben Elliston @ 2001-02-08 13:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lonnie; +Cc: sourcenav

 > Do you have a contribution site or a HOWTO that has or explains how to
 > create parsers for arm, mips, and sh assembly code? I'd like to use source
 > nav on the 2.4 arch families I listed but source nav (4.5.2) unfortunately
 > can't parse through those directories without hanging.

I believe there is documentation in the source tree on how to quickly
generate assembly language parsers.  Even without the framework I put
in place to try and automate this, you could copy the PowerPC one and
get something going by mimicking it.

Ben

* Re: Additional assembly parsers?
@ 2001-02-11 19:29   ` Mo DeJong
From: Mo DeJong @ 2001-02-11 19:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

On Fri, 9 Feb 2001, Ben Elliston wrote:

>  > Do you have a contribution site or a HOWTO that has or explains how to
>  > create parsers for arm, mips, and sh assembly code? I'd like to use source
>  > nav on the 2.4 arch families I listed but source nav (4.5.2) unfortunately
>  > can't parse through those directories without hanging.
>
> I believe there is documentation in the source tree on how to quickly
> generate assembly language parsers.  Even without the framework I put
> in place to try and automate this, you could copy the PowerPC one and
> get something going by mimicking it.
>
> Ben

I too would suggest taking the PowerPC asm parser and changing it
to do what you need. It is not hard at all. The whole process
should not take more that a week (hacking one or two hours a day).

The only downside is that docs for flex really stink, I
looked around quite a bit but all I was able to find was
the same set of examples formatted in different ways.
You just have to sit down and hose around with the code
until it works. I was able to create a halfway decent
parser for autoconf files using the "copy and modify
the PPC parser" method.

Mo DeJong
Red Hat Inc

* Update from CodeFusion 1.0
@ 2001-02-11 19:41     ` punt
From: punt @ 2001-02-11 19:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

I am a registered CodeFusion user, before the redhat buyout.  What do I lose
by going to just Source Navigator from the CodeFusion package (I understand
that codefusion came with a patched gcc, which by now is overtaken by events
with 2.95.2).  I am trying to balance the continued use of a slightly
outdated Source Navigator (with some bugs) with losing the overall
capability of CodeFusion.  Or can I just update my SourceNavigator portion
of CodeFusion?

Charles

* Re: Additional assembly parsers?
@ 2001-02-11 19:44     ` Ben Elliston
From: Ben Elliston @ 2001-02-11 19:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mo DeJong; +Cc: sourcenav

 > The only downside is that docs for flex really stink, I

The O'Reilly `Lex & Yacc' book is a must.

Ben

* Re: Update from CodeFusion 1.0
@ 2001-02-12 10:09       ` Syd Polk
From: Syd Polk @ 2001-02-12 10:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: punt; +Cc: sourcenav

punt wrote:

> I am a registered CodeFusion user, before the redhat buyout.  What do I lose
> by going to just Source Navigator from the CodeFusion package (I understand
> that codefusion came with a patched gcc, which by now is overtaken by events
> with 2.95.2).  I am trying to balance the continued use of a slightly
> outdated Source Navigator (with some bugs) with losing the overall
> capability of CodeFusion.  Or can I just update my SourceNavigator portion
> of CodeFusion?
>
> Charles

You can download Source-Navigator and just start using it. It should be
more stable than CodeFusion, anyway.