* Command Line Problem with Source Navigator and EditPad Pro
@ 2001-03-07  8:26 John Smyder
From: John Smyder @ 2001-03-07  8:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: support

I just received my license for EditPad Pro Ver. 4.1.3 and I have plans of
using it with Red Hat's "Source Navigator" version 4.5.2. However, I am
noticing a small anomaly when setting up the Source Navigator to call
EditPad Pro in a Windows 2000 environment. When Source Navigator makes a
call to EditPad Pro it passes the file name and path to open. In Win 98
this all works perfectly. In Win 2000 EditPad Pro receives only the
projects root path and not the sub-directory that my C file is in (i.e.
c:\firware4_2\snacc.c instead of c:\firmware4_2\app\snacc.c).

Like I said this works perfectly in Win 98 and I'm sending this email to
the Red Hat team too. I'm not sure if the problem lies with EditPad Pro,
Source Navigator or Windows 2000. But I have my suspicions (windows).

Just thought you might want to know about this behavior.

Regards,

John W. Smyder

* Re: Command Line Problem with Source Navigator and EditPad Pro
@ 2001-03-07  9:08 ` Berek
From: Berek @ 2001-03-07  9:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: support, sourcenav, John Smyder

I have the same problem with SN and NT 4.0.

@ 2001-03-07  9:20 ` Ian Roxborough
From: Ian Roxborough @ 2001-03-07  9:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Smyder; +Cc: sourcenav

Currently we've not done any tested on Windows 2000.  This
may be some sort of W2K Tcl problem.  If it is a Tcl problem
then this may be fixed when we upgrade to Tcl/Tk 8.3.

Currently I don't have a W2K box so I can't look into this.

Ian.

@ 2001-03-07  9:21   ` Ian Roxborough
From: Ian Roxborough @ 2001-03-07  9:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Berek; +Cc: sourcenav, John Smyder

Berek wrote:

> I have the same problem with SN and NT 4.0.

Well then, that makes it a little easier.

Ian.

@ 2001-03-08 13:38   ` Ian Roxborough
From: Ian Roxborough @ 2001-03-08 13:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Berek; +Cc: sourcenav, John Smyder

Hi,

So I was looking into this problem, and I've not been able
to reproduce it.  This is probably because the real problem
is going to be completely unrelated.

So, what I really need are step by step instructions on
reproducing this.  It kind of sounds like it's something
to do with path names at creation time, so please include
the steps you use when creating the project (which files
and their path names will probably be important also).

I tried this with notepad and Xemacs.  (Of course I'm
assuming that this is an SN bug.)

Ian.

@ 2001-03-08 14:58     ` Ian Roxborough
From: Ian Roxborough @ 2001-03-08 14:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Berek, sourcenav, John Smyder

Something I should have say at the start.

If you set the environment variable SN_DEBUG to
9, and then run Source-Navigator you will get
a log file zznavig01.log (or something like that).

If you grep the log file for the string "Editor command"
you will get the command line of that SN is using
to launch the external editor.

Ian.