* sourcenav munges my preferences!
@ 2001-03-23  7:34 D-Man
From: D-Man @ 2001-03-23  7:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

In the preferences dialog I want the build command to be:

sourcenav-ant.bat VSS/LegacyIntegrator buildFull

but snav insists on changing it to

sourcenav-ant.bat VSS\LegacyIntegrator buildFull

I took a look at the source, in multimake.tcl line 215 is :

@@set $this-makecommand [file nativename $sn_options(both,make-command)]

Apparently SNav is trying to be smart by converting paths to the
native format.  The problem is I don't want that.  It won't work with
a '\'.  (The build command invokes bash, which runs a shell script
that runs ant (a make replacement for java) and the shell script needs
the / because the \L turns into L and the resulting path DNE).

I changed the line to :

@@set $this-makecommand $sn_options(both,make-command)

and the build window now appears correctly.  However, if I open the
preferences dialog again, it has munged the command.

What can I hack to remove this "feature" and get the string exactly as
I entered?

Thanks,
-D

* Re: sourcenav munges my preferences!
@ 2001-03-23  8:42 ` Chad Bryant
From: Chad Bryant @ 2001-03-23  8:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

How do I unsubscribe?

thanks,
chadb

> In the preferences dialog I want the build command to be:
>
> sourcenav-ant.bat VSS/LegacyIntegrator buildFull
>
> but snav insists on changing it to
>
> sourcenav-ant.bat VSS\LegacyIntegrator buildFull
>

> I took a look at the source, in multimake.tcl line 215 is :
>
> @@set $this-makecommand [file nativename $sn_options(both,make-command)]
>

> Apparently SNav is trying to be smart by converting paths to the
> native format.  The problem is I don't want that.  It won't work with
> a '\'.  (The build command invokes bash, which runs a shell script
> that runs ant (a make replacement for java) and the shell script needs
> the / because the \L turns into L and the resulting path DNE).
>
> I changed the line to :
>
> @@set $this-makecommand $sn_options(both,make-command)
>
> and the build window now appears correctly.  However, if I open the
> preferences dialog again, it has munged the command.
>

> What can I hack to remove this "feature" and get the string exactly as
> I entered?
>
> Thanks,
> -D

* Unsubscribing.... Re: sourcenav munges my preferences!
@ 2001-03-23 12:22   ` Ian Roxborough
From: Ian Roxborough @ 2001-03-23 12:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chad Bryant; +Cc: sourcenav

Goto:
http://sources.redhat.com/sourcenav/mail.html

Scroll down to the bottom of the page.

Fill out the form (selecting Unsubscribe).

Hit the "Send in the request" button.

You will get an email confirming you want
to unsubscribe (I think you have to reply to
it or something).

Make sure the addresss you are replying from
and unsubscribing, is the same as the one
subscribed to the list.

Ian

@ 2001-03-23 12:55 ` Ian Roxborough
From: Ian Roxborough @ 2001-03-23 12:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: D-Man; +Cc: sourcenav

This bit really bugs me.

You could try and double up the "/" i.e. "//".

Hopefullt it's gone now but, they where some
dialogs where you had to replace each slash with
four (i.e. "C:\\\\hello\\\\world\\\\test.c").

Ian.

@ 2001-03-23 16:04   ` Mo DeJong
From: Mo DeJong @ 2001-03-23 16:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav