* My attempt to change the linker fails
@ 2001-03-28  3:41 leonp
From: leonp @ 2001-03-28  3:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

Hello,
         I use the SN for cross development (this time under Win2K without
CygWin) and have the following question:
         When I open the build target settings editing dialog (which has
the Source, Library, Build, Link tabs), each of its tabs has 3 items to the
right. The last is called "Tool chain" and has 3 GNUpro options. I am able
to substitute compiler name to the compiler I need (in my case this is
gcc166) by editing build rule "executable" item. This leads to the CC
variable in snMakefile to be set to my value. But my attemp to do the same
in "Link Rools -> Linker" fails. SN constantly returns
..-gnu-ar  definition in this text box, while in snMakefile remains
definition of LINKER=...gnu-ar.

Thanks ahead.

Leon Pollak
leonp@plris.com

* Re: My attempt to change the linker fails
@ 2001-03-28 16:37 ` Ian Roxborough
From: Ian Roxborough @ 2001-03-28 16:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: leonp; +Cc: sourcenav

I beleave that this is bug, if I remember correctly this
is fixed in the up comming 5.0 release (sooooooooooon ok).

If you can't wait (I can't give you a date for the 5.0
release) until then, you could edit the file
<your-install-dir>/share/gui/toolchain.tcl to use
gcc166 instead of gcc, this might be a better since
you won't have to change the compiler and linker
every time you create a build target.

Ian.