* Parsing Question
@ 2001-04-04  6:52 Richard F Weber
From: Richard F Weber @ 2001-04-04  6:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

To all of the parser writers out there,  If this isn't the right place
to submit questions like this, then let me know how else to submit them.

But in any case, question with regards to Creating symbols & the such.
For those of you not familiar, I'm working on an Ada parser right now.
I've got some success in doing basic preliminary type stuff, but I've
got an interesting question on how to approach something.

In Ada, you have .ads files (like header files) and .adb files (which is
the body of code).  As such, a file called abc.adb, almost requires that
you have a class called "abc" defined in abc.adb.  However, in the
abc.ads file, you have the declaration of the class abc, as well as
member functions and variables.

My hang up is when I come across the symbol identifying a class
definition in the .adb file, I do a sn_insert_symbol(SN_CLASS_DEF), but
in the .ads file, there is no way to do an
sn_insert_symbol(SN_CLASS_DCL).  So should I be doing a class
declaration, or something else to indicate where the class itself is
declared.  The only other CLASS related definition is SN_CLASS_INHERIT,
but I'm not really inheriting anything.  Am I on the right track, or am
I doing something just flat out wrong.

One other quick question, how do I submit the diff's to get color coding
of Ada working.  Even if the parser isn't done yet, I'd like to see the
color coder in as well.  (Maybe even get around to doing one for Perl as
well)

Thanks

--Rich

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-04-04  6:52 UTC | newest]