* Get rid of the Linux binary?
@ 2001-04-05 22:14 Mo DeJong
From: Mo DeJong @ 2001-04-05 22:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

It seems like the most serious problem folks
have run into so far is crashing when running
the Linux binary. This is most likely a
glibc mismatch problem, and frankly we
don't really want to deal with it.

I think we should just remove the "general"
Linux binary. It simply does not work,
people pull it down on some Linux box
we have not tested on, it does not work,
then boom we have a bunch of bug reports
to deal with. I would rather just give
Linux users the source code. Linux comes
with a gcc, so there is no reason someone
could not compile it from source.

We still plan on giving out RPMS for
Red Hat 6.x and 7.x when the Tcl/Tk 8.3
upgrade is done. Other folks have also