From: Ian Roxborough <irox@redhat.com>
To: David Capel <capes@robots.ox.ac.uk>
Cc: sourcenav@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: auto completion
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 09:53:00 -0000	[thread overview]

David Capel wrote:

> Are there any plans to add tab-completion on symbol names in the editor,
> along the lines of the Emacs "hippie-expand" packages? ( Or does this
> feature already exist and I've missed it? ) I work with a set of C++
> libraries which have some very long class/member/function names, and
> this feature is indispensible.

I've been planning to add this for a while, but never seem to have
time to do this (I've been thinking about it for years...).

It will probably be added at some point, but I can't tell you when.
I don't think it would be too hard.  In fact it would probably be
a good starting point for somebody wanting to get involved with
SN development.

Until somebody gets time to implement it, we can start to spec
out the new features that we want.  Including additional preferences
to turn it on/off or change the mode, which keys to activate it,
cancel it, accept it, never do it for that symbol again, etc..

Ian.