* SN and CVS integration
@ 2001-04-18  3:43 Marco Bertini
From: Marco Bertini @ 2001-04-18  3:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

Dear all,
 I think I need some more explanations than those provided in the SN 5.0
manual about the CVS functions.

I have a working CVS server on a RedHat, and I've compiled SN 5.0 on an
IRIX client. At present, when I start a new project I can't check in the
new files in the CVS using the check-in function of SN, but I have to
use the "cvs add" command from shell. After this step I can start to use
the check-in function.

The steps I follow are:

1) create the project directory on the CVS server
2) login on the CVS server on the client
3) check out the directory
4) start SN and start coding
5) cvs add the files from the shell
6) now I can check in/out the files using the SN functions

Is this the correct beahviour, or is it possible to do everything from
within SN ?

Best regards,
 Marco Bertini

--
| Ing. Marco Bertini - http://viplab.dsi.unifi.it/~bertini
| Dipartimento Sistemi & Informatica
| Tel. +39-055-4796.540 - Fax: +39-055-4796.363
| Universita' di Firenze - Ingegneria elettronica

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-04-18  3:43 UTC | newest]