* Can't build under 5.0 install/Linux.
@ 2001-06-08 15:22 Benjamin Scherrey
From: Benjamin Scherrey @ 2001-06-08 15:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

* Re: Can't build under 5.0 install/Linux.
@ 2001-06-15 14:10 ` Mo DeJong
From: Mo DeJong @ 2001-06-15 14:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

On Fri, 8 Jun 2001, Benjamin Scherrey wrote:

> Oops - spoke too soon. In my project, when I bring up the build window, the
> Directory field entry is greyed out. When I try to run make I get a window
> saying "" The Directory "" cannot be created. "". I click OK and it tries to
> run make but its not in the right directory so it doesn't work.

This seems to be a problem with the combo box widget. The first entry
<External Makefile> should be selected by default. I think it will
work if you just bring up the combo and select <External Makefile> by
hand.

Mo

* Re: Can't build under 5.0 install/Linux.
@ 2001-06-18 15:08   ` Benjamin Scherrey
From: Benjamin Scherrey @ 2001-06-18 15:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mo DeJong, sourcenav

* Re: Can't build under 5.0 install/Linux.
@ 2001-06-18 23:11     ` Mo DeJong
From: Mo DeJong @ 2001-06-18 23:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

On Mon, 18 Jun 2001, Benjamin Scherrey wrote:

> Mo,
>
> 	Thanx, that did it. BTW - do I need to file a bug report
>       on this or will it be taken care of?
>
> 	regards,
>
> 		Ben Scherrey

You should file a bug report.

Mo

* Re: Can't build under 5.0 install/Linux.
@ 2001-06-19 14:56       ` Ralf Corsepius
From: Ralf Corsepius @ 2001-06-19 14:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mo DeJong; +Cc: sourcenav

Mo DeJong wrote:

> On Mon, 18 Jun 2001, Benjamin Scherrey wrote:

> > Mo,
> >
> >       Thanx, that did it. BTW - do I need to file a bug report
> >       on this or will it be taken care of?
> >
> >       regards,
> >
> >               Ben Scherrey
>
> You should file a bug report.
I think, this bug is identical to what I had filed as bug #57

Ralf

* cvs checkout
@ 2001-06-19 14:58       ` bciceron
From: bciceron @ 2001-06-19 14:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

hello,

i cannot find a way to check out a file from cvs if the object is not
already added to the project , am i right ?

if so this means i have to check out an entire module from cvs then create
a project for snav (a GREAT product BTW) then add it .

i was expecting to check out from cvs with snav then add...

regards,
ben

* Re: Can't build under 5.0 install/Linux.
@ 2001-06-19 15:03         ` Mo DeJong
From: Mo DeJong @ 2001-06-19 15:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

On Tue, 19 Jun 2001, Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> Mo DeJong wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, 18 Jun 2001, Benjamin Scherrey wrote:

> > > Mo,
> > >
> > >       Thanx, that did it. BTW - do I need to file a bug report
> > >       on this or will it be taken care of?
> > >
> > >       regards,
> > >
> > >               Ben Scherrey
> >
> > You should file a bug report.
> I think, this bug is identical to what I had filed as bug #57
>
> Ralf

Bug 57 seems to be related to the need for a special parser
for Makefiles.

http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view&pr=57&database=sourcenav

Was it some other bug number?

Mo

* Re: cvs checkout
@ 2001-06-20 11:18         ` Ian Roxborough
From: Ian Roxborough @ 2001-06-20 11:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bciceron; +Cc: sourcenav

bciceron@rsn.hp.com wrote:

> hello,
>
> i cannot find a way to check out a file from cvs if the object is not
> already added to the project , am i right ?

Kind of, we don't have a cvs repository yet.

> if so this means i have to check out an entire module from cvs then create
> a project for snav (a GREAT product BTW) then add it .
>
> i was expecting to check out from cvs with snav then add...

We are working on it, however they are some tasks which we
are currently working on, like upgrading Insight (and test
tools, etc.) to run with the same version of Tcl/Tk Source
Navigator uses, before we can add Source-Navigator to cvs.

Source-Navigator should be in cvs some time over the
next month or two.

Ian.

* Re: cvs checkout
@ 2001-06-20 11:37           ` bciceron
From: bciceron @ 2001-06-20 11:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ian Roxborough; +Cc: sourcenav

hi Ian and y'all,

thx for you answer,
let me ask you the same question for any project.
snav allows us to use cvs as the source repo and look at cvs history or
logs and also checkout but we cannot check out a project if it is not
already part of it, can we ?
so the btom line is in order to to a cvs history on a file , of an
existing project , i have to manually check out by doing cvs co on the
command line then go to snav to do the retrieve the history.
is there a shortcut allowing me to do thewhole thing from snav ?

thx,
ben-

On Wed, 20 Jun 2001, Ian Roxborough wrote:

-- bciceron@rsn.hp.com wrote:
-- >
-- > hello,
-- >
--
[...]

---PIM Team Lead---Unix Web Dvlpmnt---ITApp Group---HP Rsn Tx---T497-4773

* Re: cvs checkout
@ 2001-06-20 11:54             ` Ian Roxborough
From: Ian Roxborough @ 2001-06-20 11:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bciceron; +Cc: sourcenav

HEHe,
 ok I totally gave you the answer to a different question.... :-)
"Can I check sounce-navigator out of cvs? no... d'uh."

bciceron@rsn.hp.com wrote:
> let me ask you the same question for any project.
> snav allows us to use cvs as the source repo and look at cvs history or
> logs and also checkout but we cannot check out a project if it is not
> already part of it, can we ?

Correct.

> so the btom line is in order to to a cvs history on a file , of an
> existing project , i have to manually check out by doing cvs co on the
> command line then go to snav to do the retrieve the history.
> is there a shortcut allowing me to do thewhole thing from snav ?

Unfortunately not.  Maybe future version will let you create
SN project by browsing cvs reprositories and such, but for the
time being there are just somethings that our cvs feature doesn't
handle well.

Ian.

* Re: Can't build under 5.0 install/Linux.
@ 2001-06-20 14:14           ` Ralf Corsepius
From: Ralf Corsepius @ 2001-06-20 14:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mo DeJong; +Cc: sourcenav

Mo DeJong wrote:

> On Tue, 19 Jun 2001, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>
> > Mo DeJong wrote:

> > > You should file a bug report.
> > I think, this bug is identical to what I had filed as bug #57
> >
> > Ralf
>
> Bug 57 seems to be related to the need for a special parser
> for Makefiles.
>
> http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view&pr=57&database=sourcenav
>
> Was it some other bug number?
Sorry, my fault. I was referring to #56