* Asm files in SN: the same problem in NT installation
@ 2000-07-25  5:12 leonp
From: leonp @ 2000-07-25  5:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

Hello, again.
         I think that I missed something basic and similar, because the
same result (no asm files in target list) I received also in my test WinNT
installation.
         Can somebody give me any hint how to solve this?

>My case is PowerPC  CPU.
>I want to build my target, which depends on several asm and C files.
>  My attempt to add an asm file to the target in the Tools->Build
> Settings->Source Files->Add files does nothing, totally ignoring my asm files.

Many thanks ahead.

Leon Pollak
leonp@plris.com

* Re: Asm files in SN: the same problem in NT installation
@ 2000-07-25 10:02 ` Syd Polk
From: Syd Polk @ 2000-07-25 10:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: leonp, sourcenav

At 03:15 PM 7/25/00 +0200, leonp@plris.com wrote:
>Hello, again.
>         I think that I missed something basic and similar, because the
> same result (no asm files in target list) I received also in my test
> WinNT installation.
>         Can somebody give me any hint how to solve this?
>
>>My case is PowerPC  CPU.
>>I want to build my target, which depends on several asm and C files.
>>  My attempt to add an asm file to the target in the Tools->Build
>> Settings->Source Files->Add files does nothing, totally ignoring my asm files.
>
>Many thanks ahead.

We only got the build rules working with c, c++ and java. We did not get to
adding assembly. We also did not get around to adding custom rules via the gui.

The custom rules are added however, in the source. You should be able to
find where the C and C++ rules are added and add your own.

Syd Polk		spolk@redhat.com
Engineering Manager	+1 415 777 9810 x 241
Red Hat, Inc.

* Asm files in SN - if so, what is the ASM demo for?
@ 2000-07-26  1:59   ` leonp
From: leonp @ 2000-07-26  1:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Syd Polk; +Cc: sourcenav

Hello,
	Once more, excuse me for my stupidity, but adding the rule didn't solve
the problem.
	In the "demos" directory there is an ASM demo. I added the corresponding
rule to sn_prop.cfg and it works fine. The resulting make file now contains
the rule for asm compilation, BUT DOESN'T CONTAIN ASM SOURCES IN
xxx_OBJECTS macro (as minimum, but asm file may also contain "include" as c
file, so...).
	This is because I can't add these asm files to the list of the target
dependency, as I was able to understand.

	I can work on the change in the sources to include also *.S files, but I
don't believe that embedded development kit doesn't contain asm files
processing and didn't want to be out of the main source tree. If I am not
right....

	Thanks.

Leon Pollak
leonp@plris.com