* Hi. This is Jayakumar. Regarding Source Navigator.
@ 2000-12-15  1:11 Jayakumar
From: Jayakumar @ 2000-12-15  1:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

Hi Mo DeJong, Syd Polk, Ian Roxborough,

This is Jayakumar from India.  I would like to try and test the Source
Navigator, but when I tried to download, the software, I couldn't access
the ftp site.  I am using Windows NT Workstation as my operating system
and CuteFTP as my FTP program.  I tried many times, but no use.  I tried
the mirror sites , but as they are all ftp sites, I couldn't download
the Source Navigator.  But this problem I am not facing with other  FTP
sites.  So can you please suggest me other possible solutions or if you
could mail me I will be grateful to you.  Thanks in advance.

Regards,

jayakumar.

* Re: Hi. This is Jayakumar. Regarding Source Navigator.
@ 2000-12-15  1:20 ` Mo DeJong
From: Mo DeJong @ 2000-12-15  1:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

On Fri, 15 Dec 2000, Jayakumar wrote:

> Hi Mo DeJong, Syd Polk, Ian Roxborough,
>
> This is Jayakumar from India.  I would like to try and test the Source
> Navigator, but when I tried to download, the software, I couldn't access
> the ftp site.  I am using Windows NT Workstation as my operating system
> and CuteFTP as my FTP program.  I tried many times, but no use.  I tried
> the mirror sites , but as they are all ftp sites, I couldn't download
> the Source Navigator.  But this problem I am not facing with other  FTP
> sites.  So can you please suggest me other possible solutions or if you
> could mail me I will be grateful to you.  Thanks in advance.

I suggest:

ftp://ftp.freesoftware.com/pub/sourceware/sourcenav/releases/SN452.tar.gz

Does that work for you? You might be having a problem because
you are behind a firewall. If that is the case, there is nothing
we can do about it.

cheers
Mo DeJong
Red Hat Inc

* Re: Hi. This is Jayakumar. Regarding Source Navigator.
@ 2000-12-15  5:02   ` Eray Ozkural (exa)
From: Eray Ozkural (exa) @ 2000-12-15  5:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mo DeJong; +Cc: sourcenav

Mo DeJong wrote:

> I suggest:
>
> ftp://ftp.freesoftware.com/pub/sourceware/sourcenav/releases/SN452.tar.gz
>
> Does that work for you? You might be having a problem because
> you are behind a firewall. If that is the case, there is nothing
> we can do about it.

Hi Mo,

Why don't you get a dedicated server for this? People come up with
this problem now and then, and I think that'd be appropriate.

Eray (exa) Ozkural
e-mail: erayo@cs.bilkent.edu.tr

* Re: Hi. This is Jayakumar. Regarding Source Navigator.
@ 2000-12-15 14:57     ` Syd Polk
From: Syd Polk @ 2000-12-15 14:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eray Ozkural (exa), Mo DeJong; +Cc: sourcenav

At 03:04 PM 12/15/00 +0200, Eray Ozkural (exa) wrote:
>Mo DeJong wrote:
> >
> > I suggest:
> >
> > ftp://ftp.freesoftware.com/pub/sourceware/sourcenav/releases/SN452.tar.gz
> >
> > Does that work for you? You might be having a problem because
> > you are behind a firewall. If that is the case, there is nothing
> > we can do about it.
> >

>Hi Mo,
>
>Why don't you get a dedicated server for this? People come up with
>this problem now and then, and I think that'd be appropriate.

We have a dedicated server. sources.redhat.com. We neither have the money
nor the time to administer a separate machine for Source-Navigator. There
are over 30 mirror sites. I am sorry if they are all busy, but we
definitely don't have the time, money nor network bandwidth where we are
located to run our own server.

Syd Polk		spolk@redhat.com
Engineering Manager	+1 415 777 9810 x 241
Red Hat, Inc.