* cursor color....
@ 2001-02-06  4:25 William Gacquer
From: William Gacquer @ 2001-02-06  4:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

Hello
Suppose that the text editable region has a black background. SN currently
displays the cursor in black also. That's pretty disapointing!
How can I ask SN to display it differently, for instance in a white (
inverse black ) color?

Where should I put the tcl command in the SN sources?

Regards,

William Gacquer

* Re: cursor color....
@ 2001-02-06  9:15 ` Mo DeJong
From: Mo DeJong @ 2001-02-06  9:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

On Tue, 6 Feb 2001, William Gacquer wrote:

> Hello
> Suppose that the text editable region has a black background. SN currently
> displays the cursor in black also. That's pretty disapointing!
> How can I ask SN to display it differently, for instance in a white (
> inverse black ) color?
>
> Where should I put the tcl command in the SN sources?
>
> Regards,
>
> William Gacquer

Take a peek at this post to see how it is done
for a plain old text widget.

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/sourcenav/2000-q4/msg00313.html

You will have to figure out where to add it, I would
think that the following line in multiedit.tcl
(near line 90) would be a good place to start:

                #create the text editor
                text $editor \

Of course, the real fix would be to add a prefs option
for this color property.

Mo DeJong
Red Hat Inc

* Re: cursor color....
@ 2001-02-06 10:42   ` Syd Polk
From: Syd Polk @ 2001-02-06 10:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mo DeJong, sourcenav

The stock answer is that cursor color should be controlled via the X
Windows resource database commands.

At 09:15 AM 2/6/01 -0800, Mo DeJong wrote:
>On Tue, 6 Feb 2001, William Gacquer wrote:
>
> > Hello
> > Suppose that the text editable region has a black background. SN currently
> > displays the cursor in black also. That's pretty disapointing!
> > How can I ask SN to display it differently, for instance in a white (
> > inverse black ) color?
> >
> > Where should I put the tcl command in the SN sources?
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > William Gacquer
>
>Take a peek at this post to see how it is done
>for a plain old text widget.
>
> http://sources.redhat.com/ml/sourcenav/2000-q4/msg00313.html
>
>You will have to figure out where to add it, I would
>think that the following line in multiedit.tcl
>(near line 90) would be a good place to start:
>
>                 #create the text editor
>                 text $editor \
>
>Of course, the real fix would be to add a prefs option
>for this color property.
>
>Mo DeJong
>Red Hat Inc

Syd Polk		spolk@redhat.com
Engineering Manager	+1 415 777 9810 x 241
Red Hat, Inc.

* RE: cursor color....
@ 2001-02-06 10:03 William Gacquer
From: William Gacquer @ 2001-02-06 10:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mo DeJong, sourcenav; +Cc: Benoit Germain

thanks! By reading your example, I was able to deduce that the best way is
to put an extra line :

	-cursor {xterm red white}

in multiedit.tcl, line 121 (SN 4.5.2 )

and of course, not to forget the "\" at the end of line 121 !

Best regards,

William