* SV: Windows NT  Failing on XRef Generation.
@ 2001-02-09  2:46 Ambrus Michael
From: Ambrus Michael @ 2001-02-09  2:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

I've seen this happen a lot as well. It seems that the parser has problems
with some (in my case) C++ style semantics. I haven't had the time to find
out exactly what yet (even though I spent over 2 days trying). I think it
has to something do with "templates" - but I'm not sure.

The erroneous behaviour consists of two parts.

* First -  the Xref generation fails with an access violation error and
exits *completely* from SN.

* Second - If you open the same project again after such a failure it seams
that the SN internal "database" is inconsistent. Strange things are
beginning to happen - you can't remove files from the project e.t.c.

I hope this convinces you that there * really * is a bug in there and it's
doing some serious harm. A first step could be to make the system more fault
tolerant, so that it doesn't leave the project inconsistent. It's very hard
to provide you with specific sourcecode if the crashes mean that you can't
eliminate the files in a project one by one.

Lenny, hopefully you'll be able to provide the Red Hat guys what they need.
If not I'll, try to narrow my "case" down to specific code.

Otherwise thanks for a really great tool. I'm using it to try to understand
a +500' rows project and it's really marvellous (when it works).

Regards
Michael Ambrus