* RE: compiling/linking a parser under Solaris
@ 2001-07-09  9:35 Wiegert, Arnold
From: Wiegert, Arnold @ 2001-07-09  9:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Mark Thornber'; +Cc: 'sourcenav@sources.redhat.com'

HI,

with some help from the local Unix guru, we were able to find all the
libraries and finally get the file compiled and linked.

Unfortunately, this is a 'backburner' job and I have to attend to a couple
of 'important' jobs for the next few days, but I will be getting back to
this problem and the will have to try and integrate the parser etc.

Thank you all for your help and comments. Will keep you posted of the
progress - or lack ;)

Arnold

From: Mark Thornber @ 2001-07-05  0:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wiegert, Arnold; +Cc: 'sourcenav@sources.redhat.com'

@ 2001-07-04 14:50 ` Mo DeJong
From: Mo DeJong @ 2001-07-04 14:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

On Wed, 4 Jul 2001, Wiegert, Arnold wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've downloaded and installed SourceNavigator. It looks pretty good so far.
>
> However since most of our work involves cross-compiling under Solaris for an
> embedded system running Motorola 68K CPUs, I need to add a assembly code
> parser for the 68K CPUs - using the Green Hills OASYS cross-compiler.
>
> I have gotten as far as modifying a basic 68K..m4; it seems to get
> translated properly to C and using a version of a GNU C compiler, I get as
> far as the linking step, where it complains about a missing library:
>
> 	wiegert/scsi2:awiegert@fairmont[226] gmake test
> 	gnucc -o abrowser abrowser.o -L../../../../sdk/lib -lm -ldl -lfl
> -lsnptools -ldbutils -lpafdb -ltcl8.1 -lutils
> 	ld: fatal: library -lfl: not found
> 	ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to abrowser
> 	make: *** [abrowser] Error 1
> 	awiegert/scsi2:awiegert@fairmont[227]
>
> Where might I find this library on a Solaris system - I've already had to
> hunt down a GNU make and compiler :)

That is the flex lib. It is installed here under Linux:

/usr/lib/libfl.a

It may not be installed by default under Solaris.

Mo

* compiling/linking a parser under Solaris
@ 2001-07-04 13:45 Wiegert, Arnold