* build error with SN5
@ 2001-06-27 14:04 Mohan Rk Konyala
From: Mohan Rk Konyala @ 2001-06-27 14:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav; +Cc: mdejong

Hi

I am trying to build and install SN5 on FreeBSD4.3. I am getting the
foloowing error for make after doing ./configure

make  all-recursive
Making all in PORT
"Makefile", line 258: Need an operator
make: fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue
*** Error code 1

Stop in /home/konyala/source/db.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /home/konyala/source/db.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /home/konyala/source.

Can you please advice

Thanks
Mohan

* Re: build error with SN5
@ 2001-06-27 14:28 ` Ian Roxborough
From: Ian Roxborough @ 2001-06-27 14:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mohan Rk Konyala; +Cc: sourcenav

Mohan Rk Konyala wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am trying to build and install SN5 on FreeBSD4.3. I am getting the
> foloowing error for make after doing ./configure
>
> make  all-recursive
> Making all in PORT
> "Makefile", line 258: Need an operator
> make: fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue
> *** Error code 1

Are you using GNU make?

Using a different version of make (i.e. the default installed
non-GNU make) seems to cause problems on non-linux platforms.
I'm mainly thinking about Solaris, HPUX, etc.. but this could
be a BSD problem as well.

Ian.

* Re: build error with SN5
@ 2001-06-27 15:46   ` Mohan Rk Konyala
From: Mohan Rk Konyala @ 2001-06-27 15:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ian Roxborough; +Cc: Mohan Rk Konyala, sourcenav

When I use GNU make I get the following error

gmake[2]: Entering directory `/home/konyala/snbuild/tcl8.1/unix'
gmake[2]: *** No rule to make target `libtcl81.a', needed by `all'.  Stop.
gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/home/konyala/snbuild/tcl8.1/unix'
gmake[1]: *** [all] Error 2
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/home/konyala/snbuild/tcl8.1'

Can you please help?

THanks
Mohan