* Xref and find declaration of variables
@ 2001-03-30  5:45 Thomas Stroesslin
From: Thomas Stroesslin @ 2001-03-30  5:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

Hi,

I am a sniff+ user who likes to change to a GPL'ed IDE. There are a lot
of features concerning Xref'ing that I miss in Source Navigator:

myfile.c :

int myglobalvar;
int myfunc(int myarg) {
  int mylocalvar;
  int myvar;

  myvar = 1;
  mylocalvar = 1;
  myarg = 1;
  myglobalvar=1;
}

myotherfile.c :

int myvar; // which is global

I am working on myfile.c and try to find out things about my variables:

1) find declaration of myvar on the assignment line -> leads me to myvar
     of myotherfile.c (don't you have scope info in the db?)

2) same as 1) for mylocalvar
   -> doesn't find anything, doesn't report error -> does nothing!

3) same as 1) for myarg
   -> same as 2)

4) myglobalvar referred by -> finds nothing

5) myvar or mylocalvar or myarg referred by in function myfunc()
   -> same as 4

all these features are available in sniff+. IMHO, they are among the top
10 most importand code analysis features (the other 5 are working in
sourcenavigator, good stuff)

do you plan to include such features in future releases of
sourcenavigator? If so, when - roughly - can I expect them to be
implemented?

cheers,
tom

* Xref and find declaration of variables
@ 2001-05-01  9:10 Thomas Stroesslin
From: Thomas Stroesslin @ 2001-05-01  9:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

consider the following "project":