* Support for IRIX
@ 2000-08-04  2:21 Nils Braun
From: Nils Braun @ 2000-08-04  2:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

Hi,

in earlier days of the SN, code for IRIX was supplied. I work with the
version 4.1 of the SN and want to upgrade to the current version.
Unfortunatelly, the source code can not be compiled straight forward on
my SGI. Will there be precompiled binaries available in the future?

Thanks for your help,

Nils Braun

* Re: Support for IRIX
@ 2000-08-04  2:33 ` Mo DeJong
From: Mo DeJong @ 2000-08-04  2:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

On Fri, 4 Aug 2000, Nils Braun wrote:

> Hi,
>
> in earlier days of the SN, code for IRIX was supplied. I work with the
> version 4.1 of the SN and want to upgrade to the current version.
> Unfortunatelly, the source code can not be compiled straight forward on
> my SGI. Will there be precompiled binaries available in the future?
>
> Thanks for your help,
>
> Nils Braun

It is unlikely that we will be providing IRIX binaries. We
don't have an IRIX box to do testing on. That does not
mean you can not run SN on IRIX. Tcl/Tk works just fine
under IRIX, and the other parts of SN should be fairly
easy to get working under IRIX.

Mo DeJong
Red Hat Inc

* Re: Support for IRIX
@ 2000-08-04  4:12 ` Ben Elliston
From: Ben Elliston @ 2000-08-04  4:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nils.Braun; +Cc: sourcenav

   in earlier days of the SN, code for IRIX was supplied. I work with the
   version 4.1 of the SN and want to upgrade to the current version.
   Unfortunatelly, the source code can not be compiled straight forward
   on my SGI. Will there be precompiled binaries available in the future?

Why is it so difficult to compile it on your IRIX machine?  It shouldn't be
very difficult--all you need is a C compiler and a Bourne shell.

Ben