* Xref-ing non used symbols
@ 2000-08-04  6:07 William Gacquer
From: William Gacquer @ 2000-08-04  6:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

Hello
	I would like to retrieve all symbols (especialy C functions) that
are not used at all using the cross referencer. But I did not find the way
to do that. Is this feasible? How?
	Regards,
	William

________________
William Gacquer
Rayman 2 PS2 team - Ubi Simulations - Annecy France

* Re: Xref-ing non used symbols
@ 2000-08-04 16:25 ` Ben Elliston
From: Ben Elliston @ 2000-08-04 16:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: William Gacquer; +Cc: sourcenav

   	I would like to retrieve all symbols (especialy C functions) that
   are not used at all using the cross referencer. But I did not find the
   way to do that. Is this feasible? How?

Take a look at some of the example Tcl scripts for examples.  There is one
that finds unused global variables in:

  snavigator/sdk/api/tcl/database/examples/unused.tcl

Ben

* RE: Xref-ing non used symbols
@ 2000-08-08 14:43 ` Ben Elliston
From: Ben Elliston @ 2000-08-08 14:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: William Gacquer; +Cc: Bruce Stephens, sourcenav

   hyper requires some environment, too---the script snavigator show what
   it needs.  Here's a suitable "hyper" script (hacked from snavigator)
   which you could put (after changing /usr/local/sn to whatever you
   used) suitably earlier in your path:

A lot of this confusion would be solved if the S-N extensions for Tcl were a
loadable module.  Then these scripts could "require" the hyper package.

It's currently not done this way.  This is something strange. :-)

Ben

* RE: Xref-ing non used symbols
@ 2000-08-07  5:36 William Gacquer
From: William Gacquer @ 2000-08-07  5:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bruce Stephens; +Cc: sourcenav

Thank you very much!
	You solved my problem!

	William

From: Bruce Stephens @ 2000-08-07  4:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

William Gacquer <wgacquer@ubisoft.fr> writes:

> My project is located in /home/wgacquer/Project
> A ".snprj" directory is in /home/wgacquer/Project
> A "Project.proj" file is in /home/wgacquer/Project
>
> thus I tried :
>
> export PATH=/usr/local/snavigator/bin:$PATH
> wish unused.tcl /home/wgacquer/Project Project
> wish unused.tcl /home/wgacquer/Project Project.proj
> wish unused.tcl /home/wgacquer/Project /home/wgacquer/Project/Project.proj
>
>  but definitely, it does not work.

That explains it.  You must use hyper, not wish.  (The script I just
sent may be convenient.)  With the script, I just did the following,
and it worked:

/usr/local/sn/share/sdk/api/tcl/database/examples/unused.tcl /snprj/zsh zsh

--
Bruce Stephens			Bruce.Stephens@MessagingDirect.com
MessagingDirect(UK) Ltd		<URL: http://www.MessagingDirect.com/ >

* Re: Xref-ing non used symbols