* Re: Grep Editor function
@ 2001-02-14 11:43 Ian Roxborough
From: Ian Roxborough @ 2001-02-14 11:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bill Munday; +Cc: sourcenav

Is this file (assabet/redboot/install/include/cyg/hal/hal_if.h) in your
project (i.e., you can see it in the Symbol Browser, project editor, etc.?
Source-Navigator will only search files that are in the project.
If you are using Views, then only the files in the current View will
be grepped.

When making bug reports you should always include which platform
you are running on.

Ian.

On Wed, 14 Feb 2001, Bill Munday wrote:
> Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 16:53:46 +0000 (GMT)
> From: Bill Munday <bmunday@3glab.com>
> Subject: Grep Editor function
>
> Hi,
>
> I wonder if you could explain why grep editor dosen't search through the
> project?
>
> My pattern is CYGACC_COMM_IF_GETC
> Files are *
> Format
>
> Ignore case is checked
> 100 entries
>
> And when I Serch not hing is given
>
> On the otherhand if I do it from the command line I get the following::
>
> [bmunday@bmunday ecos]$ egrep -r CYGACC_COMM_IF_GETC *
> assabet/redboot/install/include/cyg/hal/hal_if.h:#define
> CYGACC_COMM_IF_GETC(_t_) \
> assabet/redboot/install/include/cyg/hal/hal_if.h:#define
> CYGACC_COMM_IF_GETC_SET(_t_, _x_) \
> assabet/redboot/install/include/cyg/hal/hal_if.h:#define
> CYGACC_COMM_IF_GETC_TIMEOUT(_t_, _c_) \
> assabet/redboot/install/include/cyg/hal/hal_if.h:#define
> CYGACC_COMM_IF_GETC_TIMEOUT_SET(_t_, _x_) \
>
> Am I doing something wrong or is there a bug?
>
> Thanks
> Bill

* Re: Grep Editor function
@ 2001-02-15  1:07 ` Bill Munday
From: Bill Munday @ 2001-02-15  1:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ian Roxborough; +Cc: sourcenav

Hi,

I am running on PC Linux Mandrake platform.

The files are present in the project, as I used the external cmd line
egrep resluting file and navigated to that file using the Symbol Browser set to view files, set a
pattern to hal_if*, which locates the file. Then doing as search in that
file for CYGACC_COMM_IF_GETC finds the function I want.

I must be doing something else wrong, any hints?

Thanks
Bill

On Wed, 14 Feb 2001, Ian Roxborough wrote:

> Is this file (assabet/redboot/install/include/cyg/hal/hal_if.h) in your
> project (i.e., you can see it in the Symbol Browser, project editor, etc.?
> Source-Navigator will only search files that are in the project.
> If you are using Views, then only the files in the current View will
> be grepped.
>

> When making bug reports you should always include which platform
> you are running on.
>

> Ian.
>
> On Wed, 14 Feb 2001, Bill Munday wrote:
> > Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 16:53:46 +0000 (GMT)
> > From: Bill Munday <bmunday@3glab.com>
> > Subject: Grep Editor function
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I wonder if you could explain why grep editor dosen't search through the
> > project?
> >
> > My pattern is CYGACC_COMM_IF_GETC
> > Files are *
> > Format
> >
> > Ignore case is checked
> > 100 entries
> >
> > And when I Serch not hing is given
> >
> > On the otherhand if I do it from the command line I get the following::
> >
> > [bmunday@bmunday ecos]$ egrep -r CYGACC_COMM_IF_GETC *
> > assabet/redboot/install/include/cyg/hal/hal_if.h:#define
> > CYGACC_COMM_IF_GETC(_t_) \
> > assabet/redboot/install/include/cyg/hal/hal_if.h:#define
> > CYGACC_COMM_IF_GETC_SET(_t_, _x_) \
> > assabet/redboot/install/include/cyg/hal/hal_if.h:#define
> > CYGACC_COMM_IF_GETC_TIMEOUT(_t_, _c_) \
> > assabet/redboot/install/include/cyg/hal/hal_if.h:#define
> > CYGACC_COMM_IF_GETC_TIMEOUT_SET(_t_, _x_) \
> >
> > Am I doing something wrong or is there a bug?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Bill

* Re: Grep Editor function
@ 2001-02-15  3:07   ` Bill Munday
From: Bill Munday @ 2001-02-15  3:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ian Roxborough; +Cc: sourcenav

Hi,

I think I found the problem if there are only 20 items found that could
be found in the project database and the "Find
first 100 entries" is set, then it will not display anything in the grep
editor. If the the 100 number is set to 20 it displays all 20 found. Less
than 20 it only shows those many, more than 20 it shows nothing.

If it is a simple fix I will try and do it but I am no TCL expert.

Thanks
Bill Munday

* Re: Grep Editor function
@ 2001-02-15  3:49 dave.banham
From: dave.banham @ 2001-02-15  3:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

Bill,
I use the SN 'grep' search feature a lot and have never seen the problem you
have found. That is to say, that my version of SN (4.5.1 WinNT) will quite
happily report a list of pattern matches up to, but not exceeding, the 'Find
first entries' value.

Regards
Dave Banham

cc:   sourcenav@sourceware.cygnus.com