* Source-Navigator: Building under Windows
@ 2000-12-29  0:38 WuJiongfeng
From: WuJiongfeng @ 2000-12-29  0:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

Hi,

  Could you send me some suggestion on building Source-Navigator in Win98?
  And does Source-Navigator support Windows 2000 ?
  Thanks!

regards,
___________________________________
            WuJiongfeng
            jfwu@utstar.com
            00-12-29

* Re: Source-Navigator: Building under Windows
@ 2000-12-29  0:48 ` Mo DeJong
From: Mo DeJong @ 2000-12-29  0:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

On Fri, 29 Dec 2000, WuJiongfeng wrote:

> Hi,
>
>   Could you send me some suggestion on building Source-Navigator in Win98?
>   And does Source-Navigator support Windows 2000 ?
>   Thanks!

Install Cygwin
Get VC++ 5.0
Get SN 4.5.2 sources

(These instructions assume an VC++ install path, yours will differ)

You need to start up a cmd.exe shell
and then cd to D:\DevStudio\VC\bin
and run VCVARS32.BAT. That
will load the VC++ 5.0 variables
in your shell. At that point cd to
D:\Cygwin and run cygwin.bat
to start up the bash shell.

In bash run:

export CC=cl
export CFLAGS="-0d -Z7"
mkdir build_SN ; cd build_SN
.../SN452/devo/configure --prefix=/whatever/dir
cd tcl8.1/win
export PATH=${PATH}:`pwd`
cd ../..

make ; make install

After that, you should have a working SN build.
Don't run the snavigator.exe program from inside
bash, go to the explorer and double click on it
to start up SN.

later
Mo DeJong
Red Hat Inc