* status update
@ 2001-01-30  7:12 Timothee Besset
From: Timothee Besset @ 2001-01-30  7:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

Just a status update .. can you guys keep us updated on the status of 5.0
release? We are starting a big cross-platform application with a
developement cycle estimated around two years and we are making a few
choices on our developement environments .. I'd love to see how SN 5.0 will
be like to make some informed decisions..

TTimo

* Re: status update
@ 2001-02-02 11:54 ` Mo DeJong
From: Mo DeJong @ 2001-02-02 11:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

On Tue, 30 Jan 2001, Timothee Besset wrote:

> Just a status update .. can you guys keep us updated on the status of 5.0
> release?

We are working on it. In fact, we are now working on it
every day. We can't promise a date, but we should
have something usable very soon now. Software
always takes longer than you would have thought.

> We are starting a big cross-platform application with a
> developement cycle estimated around two years and we are making a few
> choices on our developement environments .. I'd love to see how SN 5.0 will
> be like to make some informed decisions..
>
> TTimo

SN 5.0 will look exactly like SN 4.5, only it will be much
improved "under the covers". There will be one or two new
features, but it will mostly be the same. If you need
specific features in your long development cycle,
you might consider some contract engineering for SN.
It is one of those "Red Hat Services" you might have
heard about.

Mo DeJong
Red Hat Inc